Cats

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.

How many cats do you have?

1-2
40%
3-4
11%
5-7
3%
8-11
No votes
12-15
No votes
16+
2%
Unfortunately none
44%

Total votes: 62

Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Watusa wrote:if you're allergic to cats, of course you don't like them!
Untrue! I have friends who have liked cats all their life, even though they are allergic to them. It just means that they can't own their own cats
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
~folder~of~paper~

Post by ~folder~of~paper~ »

My mum is lucky; she only has a mild allergy to guinea pigs. It's not bad enough to make her ill but she does get a bit of a rash or sniffly. We had guinea pigs but we only have one now and it doesn't stop us.

I read a book 'Animals That Make You Feel Better' and there was a girl who loved gerbils and all animals in fact but had sever allergys but she still kept gerbils. Everytime her mum sent them back she'd go get them again. She said she couldn't have survived her HSC (Higher School Certificate) without one near her.

Just because she was allergic to animals didn't mean she hated them. She loved animals but wasn't allowed near any. She loved them despite her allergy.
xaoslord

Post by xaoslord »

I have one cat, Abby. I actually have cat allergies myself, but I'm getting shots and take medicines for it. She showed up at the back door one day when it was cold and snowing. We took her in and now she has the run of the place, lol.
~origami~

Post by ~origami~ »

I have one cat. Her name is Lucy. I have had her all my life! She is nearly 13 years old :(
I also have 2 dogs and 1 bird
VeGaN!!!
lotsofsnails

Post by lotsofsnails »

awwwww I love cats they're so sweet. I've got three. My favourite cat sleeps with me in my bed every night and I cuddle her and she purrs. I've had her since I was four. Shes so affectionate. I think cats are probably the best animals in the world.
eric_son

Post by eric_son »

No offense... I dislike cats too.

I have a black car. On hot nights, stray cats would sleep under my car. No problem. On cold or rainy nights, those stray cats would sleep on top of the hood to keep warm. While they do that, they'd lick their paws and scrub their faces on the car hood leaving eye mucus and saliva...not to mention a ton of hair. I love waxing my black car. When my car is newly waxed, those little furry pests would try to jump on the hood...and would slip on the newly waxed surface causing them to unleash their claws and cover my hood with claw scratches.

Another reason why I hate cats --- have you ever heard a cat in heat? When a female cat is in heat, male cats from the entire neighborhood would congregate next to the female and initiate a mating session. It would have been OKAY if they went about their "business" quietly...but NOOO... they have to Wwwweeewwwrrrrrrrr...tumble...tumble...Rawwwrrrreeerere-----weeeeerwwwwrwererere
all throughout the night. If they decide to do their thing on the roof of your house, you can forget about falling asleep.
lotsofsnails

Post by lotsofsnails »

one of my cats :)
~folder~of~paper~

Is it a girl or a boy cat? Either way, very cute!
Perpetual_Odium

Post by Perpetual_Odium »

My sister has left her two cats here for a while. their names are Kylie and Huey. I think cats are cool but man do they stink.

TheRealChris wrote:
I don't think that cats have a soul. but that's because I don't even think that humans have a soul. we're only some sort of biological machine. but that's probably another discussion.
Heh heh heh... i used to think that, then my momma beat some sense into me with a bible. :lol:
My heart bleeds what little purity I have left through these eyes of mine; leaving me dry inside.
~folder~of~paper~

Hey! I know a cat called Huey!

Oh and again TheRealChris
If you're just a biological machine, then how come you can feel, you have a concience and you have an opinion? Sure cats don't have an opinion that they express to us, but the have a personality. I see your point but I don't think MACHINE is quite the right word to use...
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

then my momma beat some sense into me with a bible.
my mother's family are countrymen and they are all very faithfull. but they never forced anybody to believe. my grandfather once said something like "faith must come from your heart and not from your fear".
then how come you can feel, you have a concience and you have an opinion?
who says we have an opinion? you should probably begin this conversation with a psychologist or even a philosopher and you will get maybe a dozend reasons why we have or why we don't have a free will :) and emotions are chemical and electical processes that are even measurable.
lotsofsnails

Post by lotsofsnails »

~folder~of~paper~ wrote:Is it a girl or a boy cat? Either way, very cute!
she's a girl :)
Watusa

Post by Watusa »

therealchris, i agree with you i guess. imo although we are just a series of simple electrical impulses, the scale of these impulses is so huge in our brains that it makes it complex. just like processors are basically a collection of transistors - on its own, a transistor is really simple. but in a 3d array of millions of them, you can do all sorts of amazing things.

so while there is a certain coldness to the prospect of us being more simple and vulgar than we might imagine, imo the scientific and mathematic complexity is more beautiful and uplifting than saying "god gave us a soul, thats why we love" or "there must be something more because of compassion". i guess im materialistic in that sense.

complex concepts like love, imo, are logical, just in an extremely convoluted way.
Perpetual_Odium

Post by Perpetual_Odium »

Watusa wrote:
complex concepts like love, imo, are logical, just in an extremely convoluted way.
i used to say that love rose through natural selection and that it heightened the chances of survival due to a number factors.But isn't this a little off topic? Back to cats! I folded one, does that count? If it does i need to change my vote to 3...
My heart bleeds what little purity I have left through these eyes of mine; leaving me dry inside.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Haha, not quite. If that were so, then I'd have lots more cats!

Hmm... I will have to take pictures of may cats, too! :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs