David Brill - Horse

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Igor

David Brill - Horse

Post by Igor »

Hi by all.

What optimum size of a triangle is interesting to me is necessary for manufacturing this model?
Using a standard sheet А4 the model is received too small: (
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

there is not such a thing like an optimum size, because it always depends on the paper you're using. a thin kraftpaper would probably do the job, instead of using a bigger sheet of thick whatever-paper.

Christian
Igor

Post by Igor »

You rights, basically my models from an improvised paper (basically for office technique). Certainly some models are received well, but not in this case.

Thanks for the answer.

Igor
mleonard

Post by mleonard »

In Brilliant Origami, Dave recommends using an A2 sheet of thickish paper for the Lioness. I believe he uses the same size for the horse as well.

I can't really make any recommendations from personal experience - the horse is one of those models that I've never been able to fold satisfactorily myself.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I think, the biggest problem with David Brill's models is, that he is somehow modelizing, and not that much folding. so if you don't have a hidden sculpturer inside of you, than you may never get a satisfying result :/
I was never very good with shaping a model, so I never got good results with David Brill's models. hmm... maybe I'm only supercritical with myself?
Igor

Post by Igor »

At me with modeling the model is good, here with a paper a problem. As the plenty folds at a small format makes a paper not strong.
T

Post by T »

Ah yes I remember this one, it was the first model I ever wet folded,

I used a peice of paper about a2 cut into a triangle it was very thick. The wet folding made it easier to sculpt and provided a relatively satisfying result but it is one of those models that takes a lot of practice to get a good result.