Satoshi Kamiya - Wizard

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
fabien

Satoshi Kamiya - Wizard

Post by fabien »

hello every body
can some one help me to fold the wizard by kamiya satoshi
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

were u need help
fabien

Post by fabien »

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
every where!! :lol: :lol:
i've just the crease pattern and i ve a lot of difficulties to have the same result as kamiya's.
shawn

Post by shawn »

Well, I can try to help you up until step 75ish...I can't get the fingers to work....I just don't know how or where they go. I've got the actual diagram for it so if I can help out I will.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

creas pattarn?? get diagram, theyre betta for understand
fabien

Post by fabien »

i search the diagram but nothing. i've only find the crease pattern on kamiya's web site. i just know that it is in the tanteiden #77. so if someone can give me an hand....
pnpurdue

Post by pnpurdue »

shawn wrote:I can't get the fingers to work....I just don't know how or where they go. I've got the actual diagram for it so if I can help out I will.
Shawn I'm with you on this one...the fingers..UHH can any take a series of photos of how to proceed at that point? All that hard work and messes up at the fingers :-( I'd REALLY like to be able to fold this Wizard. But the fingering steps are killing me. Oh by the way...for the one that is kind enough to help on us on this point...I was wondering if you can start at 67 I don't think I carried out the shaping of that part right. Thanks
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

yes the diagams are, bad uncelar sertain steps (45 + 75-113), may
the Book betta :)

step 67 inside look & open, then go step 68 pull, swival crimp!
I can help were the step do u request help for hand finger ?
( if 73, 74 you push.........for later step finger inside revese fold
to geter layers! look http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~qr7s-kmy/g/ ... zard_c.jpg )

<< Rock >>[/b]
pnpurdue

Post by pnpurdue »

I think I spent 5hrs on this wizard.....I think i wore out the paper on the fingering portion. The diagrams are REALLY unclear :-(. I think to save a lot of--diagrams should be photoed haha now that would be great. Has anybody made this wizard recently? And can you make like a video or series of photographs? I would buy you lunch.
shawn

Post by shawn »

I hate the fingers on this model. I have tried and tried, I come close to getting past step 75, but then I just get stuck again. I have about 5 or 6 wizards floating around my apartment folded right up to the fingers.....I almost have everything up to this point memorized. :shock: I'm starting to go insane. So I can help up to the fingers as I've said...as long as you let me know what you need.....I don't have a scanner so I can't get the diagrams for anyone....(though I don't even think I'm allowed to do that...anyway). So yah, I will teach children songs about how great a person you are if you can get me past the fingers....anyone!!

~Shawn
malachi

Post by malachi »

Okay, I did this one for the first time today. I believe that step 75 isn't diagrammed correctly. I could be wrong, but I think that it takes one more pair of creases than the diagrams show to actually get the model to look like step 76. I tried it several times before I think I got it to work correctly.

The fingers are, indeed, tricky. Which part do you have trouble with (step number)?
malachi

Post by malachi »

Here are pictures of my first attempt. I'm not happy with how the fingers and staff turned out (among other things), but I'm glad I was able to finish it. I used a 17 inch square of Thai 3 D Marble - Indigo mulberry paper.

Has anyone had luck wet folding this model? It seems like it would be helpful for some details, but the box pleating and number of steps would probably make it difficult.
[img]http://www.nashvillebirthpartners.com/p ... zard01.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.nashvillebirthpartners.com/p ... zard02.jpg[/img]
shawn

Post by shawn »

I'm stuck right at the spot that does the close up on the fingers. Right up to the first part where you start to do the zig zag folding I don't know the orientation of the folds, or how it is supposed to end up. I can hack it but then I don't have the pieces I need for the next few steps....or at least I don't think I do.
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

the staf does nt spairl like that just bens for finger you push then lata step inside revese fold look http://www.nashvillebirthpartners.com/p ... zard01.jpg
plass http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~qr7s-kmy/g/ ... zard_c.jpg

Rock
malachi

Post by malachi »

I intentionally tried spiraling the staff because I wanted it to have sort of a gnarled, windswept tree branch look. In other words, my staff does spiral like that.

I think sometimes, in our rush to duplicate the original, we overlook the potential for individual style, variation, and improvisation.