Bahamut BL Help

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
RedPiano

Bahamut BL Help

Post by RedPiano »

Hello, i'm new here and very new to serious origami. I have been folding since age 13 or so, but i've always learned by seeing someone fold it and then figuring it out myself. However I would like to attempt the Dragon seen here http://www.folders.jp/g/1997/god_dragon.html But i've never used a diagram, or a crease pattern. So can anyone help me on what exactly I need to do with that image at the bottom of the page.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

For crease patterns you should start with the following topic and all the links in it:
viewtopic.php?t=2131
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
RedPiano

Post by RedPiano »

Thanks, I read through it, but most of the sites I saw linked are down. What is collapsing a CP?
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Well, I'm not trying to shoot your hopes down, but trying to attempt any of Kamiya's models without his diagrams or knowing how to fold from his CPs is like going to the airport as a lost three year-old.

Not very many people have folded that particular model, but I guess if someone is generous enough to make photo diagrams then you'd be in luck. But even so, if I were you, I would get more experienced with folding from the diagrams of less complex designers. Try your library for origami books and get acquainted with diffferent techniques. Then you can move on to understanding how CP's work (search this forum for this too), and if you're intersted enough, you can buy Kamiya's book and figure him out. I wish the process was easier but that's just the way it is...
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Actually anermak did a short photo guide for that particular model already:
viewtopic.php?t=3338

Sorry, forgot about that earlier.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

That's right.

But even if it is one of Kamiya's more complete CP's, it's not the best one to start off with if you're learning.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

RedPiano wrote:I read through it, but most of the sites I saw linked are down.
Could you please point me to the links that are down, because I just checked and all the links where working for me.
RedPiano

Post by RedPiano »

I understand everything said, I have used diagrams, such as the kawasaki rose wich is how I figured out the Phu tran rose, wich is how I figured out the new kawasaki rose. But im determined to do this or the ancient dragon. Has anyone done a guide on the ancient dragon yet?

As for the links, my mistake, I was surfing sooo many websites last night that all had broken links, I must have confused yours with googles.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

The Ancient Dragon is diagrammed in the book "Works of Satoshi Kamiya", make a quick search on this Forum to find out where to buy it.
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

If you do buy 'Works of Satoshi Kamiya', the Ancient Dragon is very similar to the Bahamut BL.
I don't think many people would want to make a step-by-step guide for them because 1) It'd be incredibly time consuming and 2) they had to buy the book so it's not really fair for the author to have his work distributed for free. If you do buy the book, you won't be disappointed.
RedPiano

Post by RedPiano »

I found out where to find the book before I registered :) very helpful site. As for actually buying it, Im short on cash so it would be a while for that. I understand not having diagrammed the ancient dragon, its 200 steps isnt it?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

274 steps, but some of them are "repeat steps... to...", so in fact there are a lot more steps to do.
RedPiano

Post by RedPiano »

Can anyone tell me if Phu Tran has diagrammed his rose yet? Or if he has allowed other to do so?

I believe I have the Crease pattern down right, and I know how to fold it, but I would like to know for sure that I made it properly.
dragon

Re: Bahamut BL Help

Post by dragon »

I have attempted this version of bahamut before, but I ended up crumpling out most of the appendages, mainly because of the irregular creases between the head and neck. I have seen anermak's guide, but it isn't helpful where I'm stuck.
Crease pattern: http://folders.jp/g/1997/9701.html
Baltorigamist

Re: Bahamut BL Help

Post by Baltorigamist »

Old topic, but I might be able to help. I solved this CP a while ago but wasn't able to shape it because I was a n00b then. (Plus I had crap paper, sooo...) lol
From what I remember, most of the references lie on or near a 32x32 grid. Try overlaying one on the CP.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr