Has anyone folded Kamiya's Phoenix?

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Has anyone folded Kamiya's Phoenix?

Post by chesslo »

Hey,

Has anyone folded Kamiya's Phoenix? If you have can you please teach me how to do it :D

CHESSLO :D
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

SEARCH

I've personally put so much information about Kamiya phoenixes on this forum. And so have others. Please, just search it.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

i have and i would not be doing this IF YOUR INFO was not USELESS :evil:
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Chesslo it's enough!

One more offending post or insult to another member will lead to ban. Think about your words. Read our Forum Rules and Regulations and use the search function!

It can't be that you come here just to beg for diagrams and affront members.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

sorry i had a hard day of work, i already apologes to origamimaster :oops: :oops:
hey have u foled the kamiya phoenix?? :oops:
araknoid

Post by araknoid »

origami_8 wrote:Chesslo it's enough!
you're my favorite bloody crossed queen of hearts :D

chesslo this your guardian angel speaking here. :twisted: wonderful choice for the phoenix, it gave me very pleasant sensation while folding and shaping, if you need help pm me, but please do use all those marvelous toys modern technology offers us like searches, youtube, google... come on we're talking about kamiya one of the kings it's full of info out there. yeah there's even the most famous video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D_4QFPWMzA - and maybe i dreamt but there is another, on the phoenix also)

in the end this is getting very funny. my pills do work! :)
Fnord
islandmassive

Post by islandmassive »

LMAO i want what he's on Image
ImageImageImage
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

hey friends, does anyone know the size of the paper for the phoenix??

THANKS
CHESSLO :D
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

The Youtube video that was just posted says 70cm x 70 cm....

I'm sure that 1m x 1m would work also :-)

I bet that if you feed it the right pills, your phoenix will fly... too.

- Hank Simon
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

If you watched the video that was linked to, you would know it is 70 cm squared :P
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

hey, i saw in a post that u can make it with a sqaure A4 paper!!!
if any of u folded the kamiya phoenix, can u tell me what to do, i folded all the cp but dont know where to start collasping LOL...

Thanks in advance and may the origami be with u
chesslo
eric_son

Post by eric_son »

Technically, you can, but you'd need to have really thin and strong paper to do this. If you try to collapse the Phoenix 3.0 CP from an A4 square, the base would be roughly 3-4 inches from the tip of the head to the tail. :)
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

If you don't know where to start, you should probably work on something simpler than the phoenix. Kamiya's phoenix is fairly difficult and requires a lot of experience first. Have you folded from CPs before? If not, don't try the phoenix. Either way, get some more experience with folding from crease patterns before trying it.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but you need to know your limitations and admit that there are some things that you just won't be able to do with your current skill level. I am a clarinetist and there are many pieces that I wouldn't consider playing yet simply because they are above me right now. I'm not saying I suck at clarinet or that you suck at origami, but that is how it is. If you don't have any idea where to start, chances are you aren't ready for it yet.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Hehe, I just have to say that Kamiya's Phoenix was my second or third CP. First was his Jackalope, and second was either the Phoenix or the Wizard.
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

The last model I did from CP was this Phoenix 3.0, and other than that, I've only done a few Komatsu animals. This CP is fairly straightforward, so if you don't understand what to do, you just need to do some studying.

Try folding a model from a diagram and then unfold it and draw mountain folds in one color and valley folds in another. You'll start to notice patterns that will help you collapse CPs no problem.

I feel like I and four or five others have all said the same thing. So please, don't ask for help unless you need some minor help with the CP. This should be something you can do on your own, for the most part, in my opinion.