Will there be a Ryu Zin 4.0?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
rdrutel

Will there be a Ryu Zin 4.0?

Post by rdrutel »

If Kamiya works on Ryu Zin further, what would/should be the 3.5 -->4.X jump? Would anyone want to see anything different or changed or bettered?
klnothincomin

Post by klnothincomin »

.......uhhhhhh.....well, if any changes are made it might be longer, more scales, pearl in its claw, or maybe even fire? :?
Kevin Luo
If practice doesn't make perfect, at least it passes time! ^_^
rdrutel

Post by rdrutel »

I think teeth would be a nice addition, but I don't know if Kamiya would bother with adding them since the head is already amazing as it is.
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Good question...
I don't think it needs more changes. I actually like the version 2 better, but that's just me.
Kamiya has taken origami obviously not only to the next level, but to somewhere way before its time with the Ryu Zin.
I would rather see a different model taken to the next level, just dont know what exactly at this moment... A bird of some sort... Maybe a colour-changed Bald Eagle (if Seth Friedman isn't already doing one)!
rdrutel

Post by rdrutel »

Yeah...maybe anything else added to ryuzin would be overkill. Seth Friedman's work with birds is amazing and I would like to try his assassin bug below.

I think Lang's mantis eating another mantis is a great path to follow, that is models that have stuff happening or show more action. Brian Chan's kraken attack, Aquarius, Lang's model...these are some ideas that are different and I would really like to see become popular.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

As far as Kamiya's Ryu-zin goes, My preference from photos alone is for version 3.1. I wonder what progressive moves he made en route to 3.5?
rdrutel

Post by rdrutel »

I think the progress was in making the claws longer from what I could tell. I think that and making the shoulders bigger too maybe? The longer claws look better in my opinion.

Ondrej.Cibulka
Buddha

Post by Ondrej.Cibulka »

Also legs are more robust and have different shape.
Ondrej Cibulka Origami, www.origamido.cz
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Eye-lashes. And nostril hair.
I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
Rdude

Post by Rdude »

Fishgoth you are amazing. That just made my day :lol:
If you can't fold it, try a bazooka.
My Flickr ->
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rdudevr55/
Froy

Post by Froy »

Perhaps Kamiya san could find a way to hide all the plated paper that is under de scales in the soulders
Or even better: find another way to make the legs come out from the sides of the body in stead of top, and give continuity to the row of dorsal scales.
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

I dunno, I kind of of like it that way. I think it's great to see how it really is one piece of paper. And in the second pic, I think the layers give just the right amount of definition (ok, maybe a little too much) but I'm sure it's displayed in the exact the way Kamiya intended it to be.

I honestly can't think of anything else to change. I'm not feeling very creative as of now though, hah.
rdrutel

Post by rdrutel »

Very good observation Froy. I agree that if there is a way to hide the tons of leg layers under a flap or something, then this would be a very nice improvement. The continuity of the leg area with the rest of the body would be a further step towards perfection.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Color changes perhaps?
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Stripes :shock: Or Spots?
I say impossible but I'd love to be proven wrong, hah.