Satoshi Kamiya - Bahamut/Divine Dragon

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Professional Idiot

Satoshi Kamiya - Bahamut/Divine Dragon

Post by Professional Idiot »

I've used the search function in an attempt to find a pre-existing help thread regarding this model, but I couldn't find one, so sorry if there's already a thread about this.

I'm having a bit of trouble with step 106 of Kamiya's Divine Dragon: It says to pull out a cluster of paper from behind the left edge, but there appears to be no such thing in my model. Is it trying to say that I should deconstruct the sink, and pull it over the edge?

In addition, I've already ruined a large sheet of leftover plotter paper (90cm x 90cm) due to the stress caused by pulling apart the central structure of the model in order to execute the more difficult steps. Would it be advisable that I fold most of the model with the exclusion of the diagonal crimps, unfold completely, and then refold it with the crimps? I'm finding that the thickness created by the crimps is preventing me from putting most of the model on a flat surface in order to fold precisely.

And one more question: On the crease pattern provided by the book, there is a third row of small squares located in the center, indicating that a similar procedure to the creation of the toes be performed, but the diagrams only indicate a mountain fold. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

I'll speak to your last question: no. Those creases will be formed automatically. The CP is not mountain/valley-differentiated, so the two structures look the same.
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Since you're in Vancouver, bring it along to the local origami club meeting and I'll give you a hand with it in person.
http://www.origami.as/Info/palm.php
Yes, I am that Joseph Wu. Not that it really matters. And please call me Joseph or Joe. "Mr. Wu" is my dad. :)
Barbarlan

Divine Dragon

Post by Barbarlan »

Hey, I am currently working on Divine Dragon by Kamiya Satoshi, and i came across Step50 and had a little problem there. I manage to make my way through BLINDY but the following steps - 54 to 58 - is too difficult for me to understand. Overall, i have a majot problem on doing Crimmps, Sink & Sank and Swivel... may i hav a little help? #-o
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

Those are the some of easiest steps in folding Bahamut :shock: In step 54, you just swing the flap back down, as in step 51. The only difference is that the left edge is sunk. In step 55, you just fold the left edge over to the right, while pushing up the paper at the bottom, forming a rabbit eat. Don't worry, the creases are already there. In step 56, you just squash the right flap over to the left. If you still don't understand :-s pay attention to the white triangle in step 55. The rightmost corner of that triangle should line up with the leftmost edge of that same triangle. If you don't understand step 57, just reverse fold the unsightly flap sticking out, thinning the point.

I would post photos for clarification, but I would rather bash my head on the keyboard. I'm sorry, but if you can't even go through those steps, you're going to have A LOT of problems with the remaining steps. They're overloaded with crimps, sinks and swivels and other confusing garbage.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
Barbarlan

Bahamut

Post by Barbarlan »

Thnx angrydemon, however, i got problem at Step 53 - 54, when i sink it, the pleat does not goes back down as shown in 54. Moreover, i dun think i get the rabbit ear rigght there, cause after i fold it, I cannot open and squash into wat is shown in 57... could u gimme more advise, thnx.
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

In step 53, you're supposed to OPEN sink the flap. Meaning, you open up the flap and sink the entire edge in. I think you might have made a closed sink, in which the paper is pushed in with out openind the model. If you do the, it will lock the pleats in place and you won't be able to push it back down.

Okay, compare step 57 and 59. Any difference? Yes, you will notice that the flap is thinner. In step 58, the edge right above the valley fold line is the part that is squashed. In step 57, that part would be sticking out. When you fold the flap up in step 57, you can't flatten the model unless you squash the flap.

I hope that's clear enough for you. If not, then you'll have to wait for someone who is kind enough to fold the bahamut all over again, take pictures, save them into their computer, upload them onto the Internet and post them on the forums. Or, you can be more patient and fold some other models first to get more experience. Also, please use proper English. The forum members come from all over the world and some of them might be franticly flipping through their 2000 page dictionaries trying to figure out what "thnx" means. Obviously you can't expect them to help you if they can't understand you [-X
My Flickr
Barbarlan

Origami

Post by Barbarlan »

angrydemon, i had seen your gallery and found out many interesting origami u had fold. May i know where r u from?
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

I'm from Malaysia! Origami isn't very popular here, but there are a few forum members who live here. Okay, maybe only TWO. The rest are either dead, paralyzed, gave up origami or decided to live in the forests with no material possessions...like laptops.
My Flickr
vyse

link

Post by vyse »

can any1 link me the how to make the divine dragon guide ive tried looking but cant find it
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

again, someone who has no Idea about " The Holy Book" ( as I call it) (not ODS) :roll: :roll:
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
nickchartrand

Post by nickchartrand »

i need help with bahamut 77-80 help any1
paper can be minipulated to do whatever you want as long as you have hands to fold.(Nick Chartrand)
vyse

holy book?

Post by vyse »

wat holy book? please tell me not the bible that was made up by some ppl trying 2 control us
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

In response to Vyse...

Thine holy book.

Bahamut is in thine holy book. :wink:

Any diagrams from thine holy book downloaded from the internet are illegal. You must order it (from OUSA or Origami House.*)

*Those are the only places I know you can order it from. there are probably more.

And also, Vyse, deliberate misspelling is not cool. On this forum, we speak plain English, not L33t Speek. (Internet slang) :)
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
darkelite9

Post by darkelite9 »

step 28-29, i've been told a hundred times that its a very simple step...but it's just not clicking for me. No matter what i've tried, i can't get it to look like step 29. Help please