What was your first model to make?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
FunkeeFolder

What was your first model to make?

Post by FunkeeFolder »

The first model I made was a Gnorc from Spyro the Dragon! I must say looking back at it now I know I have improved in my folding skills by leaps and bounds!
dani luddington

Post by dani luddington »

deleted
Last edited by dani luddington on October 26th, 2005, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

this is a confusing question. what do you mean? the first model that we folded (we had this question here) or the first model that we created?

Christian
Friet

Post by Friet »

The first model I folded was a crane, the first model I created (and the second model I folded) was a simple dragon, made by adding some simple folds to the crane. A while ago I was just doodling on some paper while watching a boring movie with a friend. And a jellyfish with four tentacles came out. I don't know how I made it though.
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

Thank you Chris for pointing that out! I think to me it sounded correct but to you guy you thought I meant your first model ever! Anyway I knew you've had that topic before so I meant what was your first model you designed, and also do you have diagrams? I still have mine!

Thanks again Chris
dani luddington

Post by dani luddington »

my first and only model i made was off the challenge in ODS to create an elephants head, the neighbor girl thought it was good. (smiles)
sincerely, dani
diagrams on the other hand are not my forte!
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

The first model I folded? It's been awhile-- um I think either the traditional crane or the star shaped box. :)

First I created? Well first modified creation-- Rojas' baby elephant I blintzed it and used the extra flaps to create tusks and ear flaps.

Now first real creation was a horse from Albertino's simple base from his articles on creativitiy on Nicolas Terry's site.
MeadowMuffin

Post by MeadowMuffin »

Friet wrote:The first model I folded was a crane, the first model I created (and the second model I folded) was a simple dragon, made by adding some simple folds to the crane. A while ago I was just doodling on some paper while watching a boring movie with a friend. And a jellyfish with four tentacles came out. I don't know how I made it though.
I did manage to doodle one of those. At first I thought it was an original idea, but there are other people that have come to the same idea. The one that looks the best is to use a double-blintzed frog base, kite fold all the points going down, sink and flatten out the main point, and then just curve the edges of the disc and reverse fold the legs with lots of odd angles.

The first created model I came up with was a canard wing paper airplane, but I don't think that paper airplanes count. Actually, the first thing I created was a Volkswagon Bug, only because I had never seen any cars out there. I can't remember how to do it now, but from what I remember, it would have been something reasonably simple to diagram.
naoki

Post by naoki »

the first model i made was a unicorn at age 10 it was pretty complex 2