Help with kamiya ray

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
anthon40

Help with kamiya ray

Post by anthon40 »

could anyone help me with satoshi kamiya`s long-tailed version of the eagle ray, I can fold the eagle but i can`t find out how to fold the long-tailed version :cry:
pereze

Post by pereze »

The short tailed version uses a 3x3 grid while the long tailed version is modified to a 4x4 grid. Use the diagrams to fold the model as normal but make adjustments to compensate for the added paper. The folding process is very similar but requires some minor tweaking when folding the tail.
anthon40

Post by anthon40 »

thanks very much :D
pereze

Post by pereze »

No problem! Good luck and let me know how the model works out for you.
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

By the way, after you turn over on step 6 it's hepful to blintz the 2 outer corners to the inside and unfold then continue to step 8 then fold horizontally from the intersection from steps 5/6 and the fold I just said then fold to the edge from the line on along from the intersection to the edge. While this THE MODEL WILL NOT LIE FLAT. Then on step 13 where the blintz/ fold's from steps 8-10 intersect (in other words, on the diaganal :? :shock: :lol: ) fold from there to the lower corner. Then continue with the model normally.

I know I made it confusing but its the best I can do.
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids