ORIPA

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
mike352

Post by mike352 »

I just tried what you suggested, 2 valley diagonals, and 1 mountain vertical line, and it worked for me without problems.
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Yea, same here. You might have done two valleys and two diagonals?
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

Oripa can't render curves, you have to make all lines that will make model lay flat after collapsing, thats why after showing blank screen the whole cp is pink :D
OrigamiGianluca

Post by OrigamiGianluca »

mike352 wrote:I just tried what you suggested, 2 valley diagonals, and 1 mountain vertical line, and it worked for me without problems.
What have you got with two valley diagonal and one vertical mountain you can't get anything :?:
Kafar wrote:Oripa can't render curves, you have to make all lines that will make model lay flat after collapsing, thats why after showing blank screen the whole cp is pink :D
It is completely flat.

Maybe I can't explain what base I'm talkng about :(
www.origamigianluca.com --> Fold with me...

Looking for some diagramming tips? Click HERE!
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

It also depends of what Java Api do you use, I 've heared that newer than 1.5 won't render images, and also what version of Oripa do you use, I'm using 26 and 15, 15 is in japanese but I can render pictures like that:

It's Ryu Zin 2.1 Head base without scales' connection
mike352

Post by mike352 »

What have you got with two valley diagonal and one vertical mountain you can't get anything :?:

Maybe I can't explain what base I'm talkng about :(

Here's what I got:

mike352

Post by mike352 »

I'm using Java API 1.6 and Oripa 0.31. Sometimes it complains about the CP but it still renders the image.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Argh! I've downloaded the file for Oripa and the Application wont open. :?
All it comes up with when I click the desktop icon is a bunch of files. I'm guessing that its my Java. :
Last edited by ftangdude55 on October 6th, 2008, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
jojotoar

ORIPA

Post by jojotoar »

I can't design anything yet..
I still don't understand the controls.
And I have trouble with mountain folds and valley folds.
mike352

Post by mike352 »

You can use the AlterLineType control for changing a line between Mountain, Valley, and Auxiliary type of line.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

So, I'm guessing from the lack of responses that it's my Java, right? :)
EDIT: It was. I hadn't properly downloaded the 3D graphics thing. All I had done was download the installer. :oops:
Last edited by ftangdude55 on October 14th, 2008, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
mike352

Post by mike352 »

Several people have had the same problem already and posted to this thread - I would check out what's been written so far and see if some of those recommendations work for you :wink:
Mars

Post by Mars »

I think I know why I can't download ORIPA, I have Windows 2000! :x :evil:
No wonder I was having problems :roll:
Keep on trying, it will work.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

How do I use the angle bisector tool? :?
Also, is ther some kind of help guide on how to use it, like with Lang's Treemaker program?
My Flickr

Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

ftangdude55, to use bisector, you point three corners of the angle you want to bisect(there will be green squares) and then the line you want the bisecting line will end at. I don't know if there is any guide, I started using oripa when it was in japanese only :P oh on the webpage(japanese only, i think so) is instructional video of making and folding the bird base :D i think I helped you :D