Is anyone vegetarian?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

By the way, to all the veggies here
He wasn't talking to the vegetarians or the vegans, he was talking to the vegetables. You know, the humanoid vegetables who evolved into sentient beings and live in houses with modern appliances and indoor plumbing. They became human citizens in June 15, 1859. People have since then grown to accept them into society and even inter-bred with them, forgetting their ancestral roots, no pun intended.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
oissin

Post by oissin »

chesslo wrote:hey, i want to ask you guys if you have ever eaten something unusal
i once ate an ant :!: it tasted like vinegar :x
Adam

Post by Adam »

To angrydemon
Actually, it's a common misconception that they are human citizens. They are called the Vegeta's. There are over nine thousand of them spread all over the world, and the most famous Vegeta is Vegeta. Though they are officially equal to man, they still have to face racism and discrimination every day. They are known to be very shy and allergic to sunlight.
The first Vegeta was a potato that was bitten by a radio-actively charged spider, while he was taking some pictures. Before he knew it he could create a spiderweb by shooting web out of his wrists. He then became a superhero, until he was ultimately defeated by someone who had a strange obsession for French Fries ( even though they aren't really French ).

Anyway, to get back on topic,
Adam i'm a vegetarian not a vegan
That only raises more questions, tbh. What exactly makes omnivores more "disgusting" than herbivores that still use products made of animal skins and such? You're basicly saying that killing animals for anything but their meat is okay, but once you eat the meat you're evil. I consider that to be hipocrisy.

By the way, do any of you have pets? Dogs, or cats for example. If you do, then what do you feed them? Tofu? Or random soy products?
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

Society is funny sometimes. I respect vegetarians and vegans. In return I'd hope they'd respect me for my way of life as well. I love animals and plants equally. I've had a border collie for 14 years, and a donkey tail cactus for 20. This past Easter a younger cousin took a fruit knife to my cactus (to see if it was filled with water). I was quite upset, but he doesn't have the same views on life. If kind of odd, seal oil is outlawed in the US even though it has medicinal value (for omega 3's), but foie gras and veal (on top of general livestock) are allowed.

I wonder what that man in that comic would do if you confronted him with "humans are animals". I remember an elementary school assignment where we had to list names of animals for the letters of the alphabet. I was ridiculed by my classmates for putting "H is for Human" instead of Horse, but I made an A+ (that and "X is for Xenopus" might be why). Technically people are "forced" into making goods. I don't know anyone who works in factories on purpose, but as a way of making ends meet. You'd have to live in the wilderness nude, eating plants, not being allowed to make tools or shelter. I suppose that would then be the ultimate and most true person in anti-animal products.
unknownfolder

Post by unknownfolder »

I am omnivorous. I cannot see myself not eating meat and fish because I love it so much, but I do not discriminate. I equally enjoy my fruits and vegetables.
Whenever I do complex Origami I get this sinking feeling.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Well I'm kind of a vegetarian. The reason why I'm "kind of" a vegetarian is because I eat chicken eggs and fish, but not ANY red meats (like beef, pork, steak, etc). Some people become vegetarian because they care for the animals, but I eat that way just to stay healthy. If you think about it, people who are against eating meat, this is what I think: every single day, there is an animal who is killed by another animal, and humans (well I personally think) are animals too. I do understand though, It is harsh how animals are killed by humans, but I think it's not much of a big deal if the person just killed the animal instantly and ate it. Again though, I don't eat much meat because it's not really good for you. I'm pretty sure there will be someone who is going to backlash this, which I can understand because of our opinions. That is my point of view.
Keep on trying, it will work.
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

Mars wrote:Again though, I don't eat much meat because it's not really good for you.
BLASPHEMY!! Meat represents life, peace, harmony and all that is good in the universe! You take that back...you...you...TOFU HEAD!!
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

angrydemon, you need anger medication.
and what is " ALL YOUR BASE BELONGS TO US" ment to mean?
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
Adam

Post by Adam »

It's one of the coolest internet meme's ever. Look for "All your base are belong to us" on Youtube, and be amazed.
It's basically a really old Japanese game that was translated into English in a very creative way.

Also, meat is quite healthy as it contains many things that are good for you, such as Vitamins. Red meat, on the other hand, is less nutritious.
M Deutsch

Post by M Deutsch »

I'm not going to go that far into this subject because I will end up typing all night because this is just one of those subjects that make me want to rant for a couple hours.

Bite on your hand.

Guess what? You have incisors, the sole evolutionary or creationary purpose of which is to rip and tear meat.

Obviously we have either evolved or been created to consume meat at least in some quantity. So to avoid it completely is, in my humblest of opinions, silly.

I have much more but I came here to fold paper not discuss dietary concerns. I do not mean to offend anyone or question your choice, so as long as you don't get angry at me for enjoying some tasty bacon or a nicely cooked steak I will treat vegetarians no better or worse than their meat eating counterparts.
- Matthew
Mars

Post by Mars »

I agree, we shouldn't let this thing be a problem because we all have different views. Some people were raised to be an omnivore, and some were raised to be a vegetarian. Usually a person can't change another person's view about something, so why waste time doing that?
Simple like that, just be yourself and don't worry about what people think of you :wink:

-Mars
OrigamiTroy

Post by OrigamiTroy »

I am a vegetarian. I have been one my entire life. So that is 14 years going strong!
oriman 217

Post by oriman 217 »

I couldn't be a vegitarian. I NEED MEAT :D
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Same goes for me too, oriman.
oissin wrote: I once ate an ant :!:
I have too. Most bad-awful thing that I ever tasted.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
Mars

Post by Mars »

What kind of an ant was it?
Fire ant or black ant? Just curious Lol. :lol: