Guild Wars

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

ok, now I got it. but that's not what i meant.
there are a lot of farmers (even pure farmer guilds) that do farm just to have the stuff and the money. the money is the goal for them. but those people ruin the game for the other players that want to play the game because of the game. players that do only farm (like chesslo said he does) ruin the market because they dumb the prices. I mean if there are 4 million ectos around, they are of course not as worthy as if they where only 1 million. that what I mean with ruin the market. if you want to buy an expensive weapon or whatever its ok to farm for the money, but if you do only farm to have more money than the other players, its stupidy. it just makes the game harder for the players that like to play the game.
but farmers also ruin the game in other ways, because they force arenanet to change the game structure to work against the farmers, like weakening skills (or even making them worthless like the bear skill) or changing drop rates.
the ar#holes that do farm to sell it for real money (and I don't mean the poor street kids that are forced to play) should be hanged from tree!!!
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

WOW :shock: , i never though my word would have got me into this crazy position! i know what you mean chris, but i don't farm to get real money lol, or by selling them for cheap as lol, i like to farm cause when a monster drops a gold item, you get excited!!! i usually keep the gold for myself if its good or give it to someone that wants it for free!
when i came back to playing GW, i quickly notice that the price of items dropped like mad!!! it can be boring when you can buy these items for so cheap! :?
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

But no matter how many ectos out there, as long as none of them sell them for a cheap price than people will either have to farm them themselve or buy them at a full price. But it seems some poeple just don't care how much they sell them for as long as they get quick cash! :roll:
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

or buy them at a full price.
but the players prices are basically based on the npc prices. the cheaper it is at the npc salesman the lower is the price at a real guy. and the npc traders prices are based on the number of ectos that has been dropped. of course one mona lisa is more worth than a dozend of it :)
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Thats true, i think they should put more limit on the drop, when doing hm, you get lot of gold and money, espeailly when you are soloing! :D
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

The problem is still more or less on the developer's side. You can't really rely on players to do the right thing, you have to have a proper system in place or it will eventually be exploited. The inflation preventative measure of having the currency max out at 1 mil was easily bypassed by ectos since they're much like stock/currency themselves. With all this accumulated money, where is it that you can spend it besides players? Identification Kits, Keys, Crafters (besides the material cost, that goes indirectly to players).

I believe another fault is that they ignored "merchants", a playstyle popular these days, one focused on collecting and selling goods, usually with the goal of being wealthy. GW is more focused toward PvP, while the PvE content such as Missions are still pretty good. Though the economy structure has some interesting features, it seems half done.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

they limited the drops because of the farmers. some day arenanet thought it would be a good idea to base the drops onto the number of players that are on the map. a very bad idea for the players that "only" want to earn some bucks for a new whatever.
You can't really rely on players to do the right thing, you have to have a proper system in place or it will eventually be exploited.
yes... the same in real life. you can never rely onto the humans doing the right thing! but no system will be good enough to have no lacks to be exploited by those that likes to do. and all restrictions that will be done will only harm the players that do not farm.
but thats surely a discussion without end, like the faulty money-system in real life. and if the big brains in real life aren't able to invent a fair system for everyone, how could we dare to expect it from a game programer :lol:
in fact I don't really care if people farm or not. I got my money in time without farming. and how much gold does one need (same in real life)? its all in the point of view, and since Guild Wars is not a Roleplaying game but more an action game with roleplaying features, its probably good enough like it is :) I stopped playing a few months ago because I really got bored by the game (mainly by the players) but I still like the game and I really trust onto GW2 to be the next big hit :D... but nothing (NOTHING!!!!) will be faster than me, running to the stores and buy Diablo 3 Image
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

ME TOO, really excited that is going to come out soon, i have heard for years that is going to come out and now is the time! i would play diablo3 than GW........ depends how GW2 goes! :?
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

chris and Joe, do you guys have diablo 2 :?:
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Haha I have Diablo 2 :lol: I started playing with some friends over the summer, and I agree, Diablo 3 (the trailer at least) looks amazing.
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

Indeed Chris, there is no perfect game economy, but they all seem to suffer from similar problems.

I've never played Diablo, nor Starcraft. I started Blizzard games with The Lost Vikings, and found World of Warcraft in 2004, then backtracked to Warcraft I-III to learn the lore. I've always enjoyed their sense of humor and style.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Joe, by any chance are you going to try diablo 3? :P
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

Most likely I won't. Its a possibility though.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

8) you will be missing out from the action! 8)
Trekker_1983

Post by Trekker_1983 »

Diablo 3 trailer looked interesting. Should I play Diablo and Diablo 2 before trying Diablo 3? I love RPG so much, so I wouldn't mind spending a month or two playing the previous Diablos.