Phoenix 3.0 de kamiya Satoshi need help

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Hiba

Phoenix 3.0 de kamiya Satoshi need help

Post by Hiba »

Hi artists.
I have tried the Phoenix version 3.0 by Kamiya and it looks like this:

And the Head looks like this:

I can not fold more after finishing the base. can anyone instruct or give me a hint what to fold next. I mean I need detail folds. Any recommend is welcome.

By the way, in the Cp I can see there are 14 nodes of the main tail (The longest one) but actually It came out with only 7 nodes. The upper 7 nodes became an extra piece of paper in the back of the model. I wonder where I got wrong ??

here the back of the phoenix looks like this . You can see an extra paper by the upper 7 nodes of the tail. Am I wrong in collapsing?
Martial and Arts
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

This was the second crease pattern I ever folded. After his Jackalope.

Well, that extra flap goes in the front, under the long tail, and basically gets hidden.

Somewhere in this forum, Jason showed how to get the diamond "flame" pattern on the tails. http://snkhan.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... ight=#2514

The wing feathers are a pain.

After folding this crease pattern a couple times I greatly lost my appreciation for this model. His Phoenix with a single long tail (3.5) looks a lot more promising.

Oh and don't fold from a CP printed on a piece of paper. Start fresh! A long time ago, somewhere in this forum I wrote up a set of verbal instructions for how to arrive at the desired reference points for this model. Check it out.
http://snkhan.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... ight=#1849
steyen

Post by steyen »

i see..me too..i get stucked at the feet because it is not long enough.
have you tried phoenix 3.5?
kiminha-vog

Post by kiminha-vog »

phoenix 3.5 is very easy.I feel It is easy than phoenix 3.0,can find it's CP in kamiya's website.
Last edited by kiminha-vog on January 31st, 2011, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steyen

Post by steyen »

hi kiminha vog

what do you mean by "phoenix3.5 cp can be found in kamiya's web?
thut

Post by thut »

i am also trying to fold the phoenix. I know how to collapse the base, but i was wondering if there is a quick way to form the section of the model which lies on the line of symetry(the only method i know of is by precreasing and collapsing.)
Help would be apprieciated
Last edited by thut on April 14th, 2006, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiminha-vog

Post by kiminha-vog »

hi kiminha vog

what do you mean by "phoenix3.5 cp can be found in kamiya's web?
yes ....it free
Last edited by kiminha-vog on January 31st, 2011, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JMcK

Post by JMcK »

It's just the 3.0 phoenix that has a crease pattern available on Kamiya's site, I think:

Phoenix 3.0 - photo and CP
Phoenix 3.5 - photo only

The 3.5 crease pattern appeared on a calendar made available to JOAS members last year.
fabien

Post by fabien »

hello everyone
thanks to anna who help me to find this topic
I just want to know if there is someone who can help me to fold the vers3.0 of the phoenix from start to the end, because i'm stuck on it for one year and i start to lose my self( i 'm joking). but i don't find how to do.
so if someone could help me to fold it i'll be happy.can he or she answer here please?

thks
Fab
Oribea

Post by Oribea »

Hi,

If I were to try the phoenix, What size, thickness or type of paper should I use?

Bea
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

For figuring out the CP, any large paper that you can mark on and can withstand abuse, eg copy paper, kraft paper, etc.

For folding a display model, anything large, thin and strong - tissue foil, backcoated or resized mulberry, etc.