Looking for: Dragonflies

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
origami94

Looking for: Dragonflies

Post by origami94 »

Sorry people for all the new topics, but I've been really interested in the Dragonflies that some of the people are making, So I'm asking if anyone could point me to websites that could help me fold some of the beutiful dragonflies, Thanks!!!
I'm pretty sure there is more to life than folding origami, and I plan on finding out what that is if I grow up.
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

There are a few available online for free, mostly intermediate level.

http://spiraclemusic.com/webwalk/dragfly.htm

http://pages.infinit.net/crete/origami/modeles.html

http://www.davidpetty.me.uk/mom/mom60.htm (warning, has cuts)

and origami.com has two dollar bill dragonflies.

The more complex dragonflies are found in books or magazine publications.
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Thanks for the websites and the info. That's just great though... I was really hoping I could find some really really cool looking models without buying books or trying to find magazines... oh well, Thanks Anyways!
I'm pretty sure there is more to life than folding origami, and I plan on finding out what that is if I grow up.
mike352

Post by mike352 »

mike352

Post by mike352 »

origami94

Post by origami94 »

Thanks mike! I really like the first one out of the cps!! But one thing, could you show me which folds are mountain folds, and which are valley? Thanks!! and if you can't that's fine, THANKS A BUNCH!
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

There is also Robert Lang's Dragonfly (varileg version):

http://www.langorigami.com/art/gallery/ ... ly_varileg
mrsriggins

Post by mrsriggins »

"There are times when hope itself is an act of heroism. So here's to hope, and everyday heroes. " -Jacqueline Carey
I totally just discovered I have a macro function on my camera- I'm lovin it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23352404@N06/sets/
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Thanks Joe for the robert lang one, but since it's only in CP form, could someone help me decipher the cp or point me to a site where I might find some diagrams for it(if there are any)?
mike352

Post by mike352 »

Lang is pretty good about writing if diagrams exist or not. See, for example, here:
http://www.langorigami.com/art/gallery/ ... silverfish

So, going back to the varileg dragonfly, there are no diagrams at the moment.
origami94

Post by origami94 »

I'm not stupid! I've been to his website since forever ago, so I knew he didn't have any diagrams on his dragonfly. But what if someone else wrote diagrams and posted them on the internet? That's what I was asking about.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Origami94 wrote: I'm not stupid!
[-X Now, now, Origami94, no need to be so rude. :)

I can put together a guide for the Dragonfly for you over the weekend.
I folded it before, so I'm pretty confident in my ability to make said guide. :)
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Sorry, :oops: I kind of lost my cool because his last comment made me feel like he was saying that I was stupid for overlooking that detail, which I didn't. Thank you, that would be really great!!! :D
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

I've only folded this once. When I went to PCOC 2003 I couldn't take the first part of Robert's class because mine was at the same time. So I talked to him and he gave me the CP. Said I could take part 2 if I folded it. As it was, the end of the first session went something like, "now go back to your rooms and sink in and out along those precreases." It was pretty easy to collapse the CP. The references were along marks of 1/8 side and 60˚ angles. It was really straightforward and easy to figure out that CP, and when I came into the class the next day, mine was cleaner-looking than everyone else's.

The head is tricky to fold. You have to flip that point inside out, so that the opposite side of the paper shows. It will be the same color as the wings.

I should fold this again sometime. The way it combines 30˚ and 45˚ angles is quite impressive. Same with his flying grasshopper.
origami94

Post by origami94 »

I just printed off a copy of the cp for his dragonfly, but the left side doesn't have the same amount of lines as the right side. Is is supposed to be like that? or bo I have to transfer the lines on the right side to the left side?