Any Homestar Runner fans out there?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Any Homestar Runner fans out there?

Post by ftangdude55 »

Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody on the forum is a Homestar Runner fan. I really enjoy Homestar Runner cartoons, and regularly listen to Strong Bad emails while folding.

If you have'nt been to Homestar's site yet, here is a link:
Homestar's Site
:D
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
Mars

Post by Mars »

Hey! i use to play that, but later i got bored with. Still a good game though. :D
Keep on trying, it will work.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

You're talking about SBCG4AP (Stong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People)

Im talking about the toons. :wink:

Two different things, man.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
mike352

Post by mike352 »

I'm totally a fan. It's a Monday, and I'm still waiting for them to post a toon today ... I'm checking every hour or so ...
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Awesome!
I'm annoyed that they haven't posted a toon yet too. :x
Maybe the video game is taking up a lot of their time?
My Flickr

mike352

Post by mike352 »

Yeah, I guess they must be working on the second episode. It's also Labor Day, though, so maybe they gave themselves a break ;)
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Yay! Sbemail 200 is out now!
My Flickr

mike352

Post by mike352 »

I watched it 3 times already this week
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

I must say, I'm a tad disappointed.
The Brothers Chaps haven't made a single cartoon since the Christmas special.
It makes me wonder if they are either taking a break from the cartoons, or they just decided to stop making them. :(
My Flickr

Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

I guess they're taking a rest. They've decreased their production with the video games and all. I've been following them since late '04. I've been wanting to fold origami figures of the characters and send them in for some time since seeing sbemail 65, never really got around to it.
mike352

Post by mike352 »

Yeah, I've been following it for about that much time too, and I've also thought about how to make origami figures for the characters. But, most have too many colors. I haven't thought too much lately about designing a character. Hmmm ....

Well, after the twist in the story of the 200th e-mail, they're probably taking time to come up with a very clever way to continue the series (or will they switch to HRemail for a while??? ;) )

Other years, they've taken a while to start up again after the New Year's, so I'm not too worried yet at the moment by them taking a while to put out another toon. One year they went almost all summer without a toon (remember http://www.homestarrunner.com/weclomeback.html) They've since gotten better than that ...
ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

I like 4 gregs. not a lot of The characters, but I like it.
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids
mike352

Post by mike352 »

I find 4 gregs simply amazing :D
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

I agree! 4 Gregs is hilarious! :lol:
I like Japanese Culture Greg the most.
Favourite quote: "But the concession stand is just a booster club OKASAN with a shoebox full of ones..." -Japanese Culture Greg :lol:
My Flickr

ori_dragon3
Location: A para-dimensional warp in space-time. Otherwise known as the Homsar Reservation.

Post by ori_dragon3 »

well, looking through the Homestar Runner wiki I found that there is a secret character video. It's Homsar's!

Dialogue:

(Note: To view Homsar's character video, click "Eject" on the VCR, then click the tape.)
{Page Title: The Hand-Me-Down Clown!!} {Place: The Field}
{The background is upside-down throughout the video, with the blue sky on the bottom of the screen and the green grass at the top.}
HOMSAR: AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Hi, Wonder Mike! I'm Homsar! The captain of the gravy train.
{His bowler hat pops up and turns into a railroad engineer's hat.}
HOMSAR: Climb aboard!
{His hat returns to normal.}
HOMSAR: I've brought my best foot flowered... Pshoooo!
{His hat slides down the back of his head, then snaps back at the end of the sound.}
HOMSAR: Sure beats breaking up with me. Don't look now! I'm just a friendly reminder. AaAaAaAaAaAaA! AaAaAaAaAaAaA!
{While screaming for the second time in a row, he spins around the screen backwards two and a half times. He ends up at the top, upside down.}
HOMSAR: Think I won the Powerball. {His hat pops off, then lands back on his head before the video ends.}
WAaAaAi'm A Trendy Tote Bag!- Homsar
From for kids