Rabbit

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
pnpurdue

Rabbit

Post by pnpurdue »

I'm looking for the designer of the rabbit on this page:

http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~origami/rabbit.html

Can anybody help me out on the japanese? Thanks
Aurèle

Post by Aurèle »

Noboru MIYAJIMA I think
pnpurdue

Post by pnpurdue »

do you know if it's diagrammed? how about somebody work out the CP :-) please- I'd like to fold this cute rabbit!
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~origami/e/rabbit.html

Diagrams are in out of print Tanteidan magazine #53.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Fold the bottom edge of the paper to lie along the diagonal that goes from bottom left to top right. Where it crosses the right edge marks the only reference point you should need.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

Check this thread for answers to Miyajima's rabbit.

It reminds me of the Vertex Assigned CP's which I thought would revolutionize the origami world but they didn't
pnpurdue

Post by pnpurdue »

what would you catagorize this CP as--beginner/intermediate/expert ?

gah once again--I don't like CP
pnpurdue

Post by pnpurdue »

Hey Brimstone, thanks :-)

Have you been able to place in the mountain and valley fold lines? I think once those are in, the CP would somewhat be less scary. My experience with CP is minimal. Perhaps some help?
T

Post by T »

most cp's dont include mountain and valley lines, the easiest way to work them out is to assume that they alternate (mountain , valley, mountain, valley) . So, the creases closest to the edge will be mountain then the next one in will be valley then mountain etc.

Also you can use the trick that at any place where lines cross there will always be 2 more mountains than valleys (or 2 more valleys than mountain), assuming the base is two dimensional.

Also look for patterns in the crease patern, for instance the 6 sided shape in the left cornerish area and top right cornerish area look like sinks and so you can just form the rest of the base and sink them

A common technique that people use for tackling crease patterns they find hard is to split it up into parts. For instance the top right corner makes the head and hence you might want to just practice making the head using a square sheet, then once you can do that on its own try the whole model or perhaps the legs on their own.

Also, I haven't looked hard but it might be tricky to find reference points for this model

PS I dont really know that much about folding from cp's and Im not very good at it, so if any of this information is wrong, sorry!

Good luck
T

Post by T »

Also,

I just noticed but there is this model with a VERY similiar structure which is slightly easier,

perhaps you might wanna try this first.

http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~origami/sheep.html
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Wow. That sheep is nearly identical.

As for reference points, there are no tricky ones. In an earlier post I gave the only reference point you need to solve this crease pattern. Locating the creases is easy in this one. But transforming it into a rabbit isn't so much.
Morgan

translating

Post by Morgan »

pnpurdue wrote:Can anybody help me out on the japanese? Thanks
this is in response to the other question in the post.
i have found a good tool for translating (while it has some goofy results) is google. they have on the main page a link called language tools, and at the bottom of that page is a place to type in a web address, and translate it to and from many languages. And yes again, its a little goofy, but you can get the idea.

Morgan
T

Post by T »

I might have to give this a go soon.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

C'mon give the cp a try. It is an easy one. Check the vertex assignation at http://www.angelfire.com/co/cubo/rabbitcpc.html

The blue dots mean those are mountain vertices. You have to figure out what creases are mountains and what are valley's but it is not so difficult. Follow the advices people have given on this thread. And remember M - V = +/- 2

Number of mountain creases at one vertex - Valleys of valley creases at one vertex = +/- 2
T

Post by T »

Justread through the small bit abut the reference point ,

before i start I just wanna check that

"Fold the bottom edge of the paper to lie along the diagonal that goes from bottom left to top right. Where it crosses the right edge marks the only reference point you should need."

is the same as folding half a kite base.

Right?