Cartoonists

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
FunkeeFolder

Cartoonists

Post by FunkeeFolder »

Hey how many folders out there can draw? I always for some reason connected origami to drawing. I love to draw cartoons still life bores me a bit (though I like it some of the stuff is awesome!) I have to say manga is my favorite style and I can draw it somewhat (but more cartoony stuff seems to be my game) So if you draw what is your favorite style and what mediums do you use?

Oh as a side note has anyone on this forum heard of copic markers before? I'm thinking of getting some (I've only done pencil and ink so far) If you have what's your experience with them?

Funkee Folder
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

wow thats so strange, i JUST posted a topic of origami in artwork..heh, great minds think alike? or maybe receptive people tune into the main feed of conciousness..eh, uhm alike? personally i like pencil, because you can erase...hey man you should try out http://artpad.art.com there you can draw stuff and watch it paint itself, or others pictures etc.
FunkeeFolder

Post by FunkeeFolder »

I tried your link but it came up that it wasn't there. Can you repost it, please?

Funkee Folder
Friet

Post by Friet »

Just leave out the www and it'll work.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I´ve corrected the link.

Very funny, indeed :)
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

woops, sorry for the mislink... ya it's great how on artpad, you can randomly look at others stuff....some of it is REALLY good, one guy did a van gogh type of painting.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I draw! Thats all I do in school after I'm done my work, other than origami :wink: heres a pic of some of my work:

I wrote it in a code I made up... basically he's talking about socks, as you can probably guess
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
silentmagesoul

Post by silentmagesoul »

I would be rather impressed if you could read that code fluently. As to drawing, I wish I could do something better than a disproportioned manga\anime style person with stupid clothing and poses.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

I can read the code fluently :D I have had lots of practice with it, since I made it
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

so what does it say
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Okay!

|Title|: The Amazing Talking Head
|Box1|: "Hello!" |Box2|: "I am the amazing talking head." |Box3|: "Yep, |Box4|: "That's right, no sock allowed" |Box5|: "They're against the law here... Can you handle that?"

And I won't bother to de-code the bottom box... basically it says something like "I hope you enjoyed this fun filled comic, if you didn't then thats to bad..." etc. The large print says "bye-bye!"

Basically, I was really bored, so I just put something random together... :D
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

hooray for randomness!!! nice idea for a character too
Finward

Post by Finward »

Im not actually a cartoonist, but i usually draw characters or object and later fold them (metallic insect, kraken) and rarely i fold and i like so much the character that i draw it (fell beast) check my blog for the examples

Im quite interested in this topic . Ive heard that folding helps you drawing, is that true???
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Well, maybe CPs, I don't really know. I could draw before I could fold. But i certainly can't paint at all. Maybe some arts just go well together.
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
mike352

Post by mike352 »

I am totally not a drawer. In fact, I enjoy origami because it's the one art form I can do and call it art, other than music. Lately, though, since I started designing, and trying to focus more on the final outcome of my origami, I've been seeing a lot more connections to other types of art. Eventually, I think I'd like to dabble in a little drawing or painting, at some point in the future.