Any Studio Ghibli fans here?

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.

What is your favourite Studio Ghibli film?

Spirited Away
18%
Princess Mononoke
36%
Howl's Moving Castle
9%
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
9%
The Cat Returns
No votes
Kiki's Delivery Service
No votes
Porco Rosso
No votes
My Neighbor Totoro
9%
Castle in the Sky
18%

Total votes: 11

ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Any Studio Ghibli fans here?

Post by ftangdude55 »

I have always found films by the Japanese film company Studio Ghibli (their site here) to be quite amazing. The plot, the scenery, the music, and the overall feeling of the film are just fantastic.
So my question is: Are you a fan of Studio Ghibli? And if so, what is your favourite film of theirs?

If you haven't heard of Studio Ghibli, I strongly recommend renting their movie "Spirited Away". It is a good one to start with.

My favorite Studio Ghibli film is Princess Mononoke.

### added "Castle in the Sky" to the poll - Chris ###
Last edited by ftangdude55 on May 8th, 2009, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

I really like the movies from that company as well. My favorite movie of theirs is also Princess Mononoke. Some other favorite of mine are Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle and Laputa : Castle in the Sky (which you forgot to mention.)
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Laputa : Castle in the Sky (which you forgot to mention.)
Oh sorry, I'll add that one.
Those are pretty much my favourite films by them aswell. I especially liked My Neighbor Totoro. It was a very nice, touching film. I enjoyed that one quite a bit (I like the youthful, childish sense that it has about it). Castle in the Sky was a great one. Good story, great characters.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I don't like animated films. there are exceptions like ghost in the shell (of course!!!), the new animated resident evil movie, the last unicorn and some other. but in general I don't like animated movies although I fully accept them as a form of art.
BluePaper

Post by BluePaper »

I like pretty much every Studio Ghibli movie (though I haven't actually seen all of them) but Spirited away is definately my favorite :)
kitsune134

Post by kitsune134 »

I pretty much like most studio ghibli films. Howl's moving castle would be my favorite if i had to choose, but it was VERY loosely based on the book. :P
I don't fail, I succeed in finding what doesn't work!