Will there be a Ryu Zin 4.0?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

I wonder how many people here have folded any version of Ryu Zin, I think that in the 4,0 version there will be change in the structure, that will make the dragon to look better, main problem (or pain in the neck :P ) is the fact that after collapsing cp, the head is upside down according to the legs position, so it need twist through all the layers in the neck, 2nd problem is the number of layer in the legs' section, maybe Satoshi could figure out how to decrease them,
rdrutel: the tail in 3.5 is good looking, see how it looked in 2.1, now it's way better, and I think that if there will be 4,0 it will have the same tail as 3.5, there might be added maybe some teeth, or a pearl in the claws, to sum up I say that 3.5 version is good (the best :D:D) and it doesn't need improve, if Satoshi thinks so :D
Kijjakarn

Post by Kijjakarn »

Ryu Zin is not a Chinese dragon. It's a Japanese dragon.
Cephalopod

Post by Cephalopod »

Who cares?

There should not be a Ryu Zin 4.0. It is detailed enough as it is--adding more would just be ludicrous in my opinion :O
Visit my flickr gallery! Please :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38104997@N08/
Kijjakarn

Post by Kijjakarn »

I saw a Chinese dragon in Vietnam Origami site long time ago. It's pretty good, and it looks very close to Ryu Zin, except the legs, they came from belly.
WhisperPuffin

Post by WhisperPuffin »

That Vietnamese dragon would be Pham Ngoc Tuan's Shin Ryu. Pity it's from three pieces. :cry:
Bibbleyboopalah!

A Whisper of Puffins (my Flickr)
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

I think that Kijjakarn's talking about this dragon Image
it's Shenlong from an uncut rectangle,
and WhisperPuffin about this one
Kijjakarn

Post by Kijjakarn »

Yes, that's right, Kafar. That's the one I was talking about.

The scales in the legs area aren't continuous.
And this information tells me that it might be a very long rectangle, like Mauro's, I think.
rdrutel

Post by rdrutel »

It is a long rectangle for sure. But, the legs are also quite a good idea for improving. Good observation!
Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

seeing all his newer models are simpler maybe he has been folding ryujin4.0 for the last 5 years and just designed simpler less time consuming models as to not to make people suspecious.
Axel´s Origami

Re: Will there be a Ryu Zin 4.0?

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Wings, theeth, biger claws, color changes, yurn the head the right way, improve the amount of layers at the legs, bananas and a surf board. That's all I want, then I wil be satisfied. I also want it to be foldable from a 15 cm sheet of kami, but thats up to Kamiya.
Argonaut

Post by Argonaut »

Why are we all being so critical of something most of us could not fold, let alone design? I think the Ryuzin is pretty awesome.
Eat. Sleep. Fold Paper.
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Argonaut wrote:Why are we all being so critical of something most of us could not fold, let alone design? I think the Ryuzin is pretty awesome.
We don't mean it as critizism (not me at least), it's more like things that would make it even more awesome. It's like when you eat a tasty burger, you want a nice beverage to go along. The burger is already awesome but with the beverage it would be even more awesome.
Pulp Fiction reference.
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

mmmm now that is a tasty burger!
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

oh for pete's sake.

someone can always add more scales, more claws, more teeth, more horns, or more wings. IT DOESN'T IMPROVE THE MODEL AT ALL, NOT ONE BIT. enough.
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Why not let them discuss it?

Although it depends on your meaning of improve I think it's demonstrably false that adding more scales, claws, teeth etc "doesn't improve [a] model at all". Is Lang's tree frog with toes not an improvement on the traditional frog? Is not Lang's koi with scales not an improvement on his koi without scales? If your trying to say that more scales, claws etc doesn't NECESSARILY improve a model you'd be correct - and it's hard to conceive of how Kamiya's Ryu Zin could be improved. To suggest that looking at how to add more detail, without compromising unduly aesthetics, should be abandoned is narrow minded IMO.