Dragons!

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

My way of making a bird base dragon is unlike that of Neal, I sink the entire top portion.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

perhaps you should post pictures. the confusion is stemming from the fact that YOU said that the donya quick dragon looks a lot like yours. and to at least two folders' eyes, the donya quick dragon looks like a variation of robert neale's dragon. the sequence may be different, but if you were to unfold it the main parts of the cp would be the exact same.

i have already stipulated that i don't think either of you stole it from him (for that matter, the same base creates the montroll and kawahata kuehnosaurus, which nolan would call dragons. and i don't believe they stole it from neale or each other).

IMHO, if the only difference between your dragon and neale's is a sink, it's still just a variation (much like the phu tran rose, even if it is at a totally different angle, is just a kawasaki variation). even lang calls his KNL dragon exactly that, even though he made it far more complex by grafting the kasahara head onto the neale body.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Just that the four legs of my dragon is made out of the centre of the paper, not the edge.
Here it is:
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Finward, your dragon in pic2 is so cool do u have Cp ? :roll:
origamifreak_1.6180339889

Post by origamifreak_1.6180339889 »

legionzilla wrote:Uh Oh, the case of the purloined pig has re occured. The dragon looks alot like mine. Alot. Both are derived from the birdbase. I designed mine a couple of years ago and I think they are the same design.
Is the first step sinking the bird basy?
it also looks alot like mine which i have not managed to diagram yet. and mine started out sinking the bird base too.
Finward

Post by Finward »

Bobby wrote:Finward, your dragon in pic2 is so cool do u have Cp ? :roll:
Yuuuuup, Cp in my blog and my flickr
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

I got one that's like the bird based one, A guy taught me it on the street quickly, and I changes the legs, tail, head, and wings. He just did mountain folds for the legs, I did petal Squash folds, and then petal folds for the legs.
Close to the size of a toonie or loonie![/img]
angrydemon
Forum Sensei

Post by angrydemon »

Hi guys! I haven't visited the forum for some time. Personally, I blame the schools and their so called "exams". Also, my friend talked me into playing a multiplayer online game where the objective is to shoot strangers with powerful firearms just so they don't shoot you first. Then you are rewarded with imaginary currency. This somehow became more appealing than folding origami.

Since I don't have any new designs...YET, I guess I'll just dump my old ones here!

Uh...Godzilla is kind of a dragon. He shoots lasers from his mouth and wrecks buildings, just like any self-respecting dragon would do. I actually like this one very much. I need to refold it sometime with better paper.
Seven-headed hydra. Made with a blintzed fish base.
Dragon Rider. Actually my very first design, but with a much smoother folding process. For those who have the Christmas Origami Book 2008, try to fold the head yourself as a Blintzed Frog Base. I was a little short on time and had to make up that lousy folding process for the head.
Cockatrice. Or "Chicken Dragon".
Chinese Dragon. I'm not so satisfied with this photo. You can't see the details on the head clearly.

Any of my other dragons are pieces of crap and do not deserve to make contact with your optical nerves.
I've fallen down, and I can't get up.
My Flickr
Cephalopod

Post by Cephalopod »

angrydemon wrote:Also, my friend talked me into playing a multiplayer online game where the objective is to shoot strangers with powerful firearms just so they don't shoot you first. Then you are rewarded with imaginary currency. This somehow became more appealing than folding origami.
Wouldn't happen to be Stick Arena would it?
Visit my flickr gallery! Please :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38104997@N08/
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Two more for the list from me:

Dragon

Ryuzin
Last edited by Jonnycakes on May 28th, 2009, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Nice Dragon, jonnycakes, the Ryujin looks quite cute too!
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Thank you!
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

I created a few dragons too!
Western Dragon 1.0
Some Eastern Dragon heads...
And of course, the Eastern Dragon itself
Please comment! Nobody ever comments on my pieces so I don't know how to improve :cry:
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

I made a birdbase dragon with 4 horns, I need thin paper though, or it gets to thick.
Wizmatt

Post by Wizmatt »

Jonnycakes wrote:Two more for the list from me:

Dragon
I really like the look of this dragon, have you made a cp or diagrams for it?