Sara's Video thread: wish a model

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
pharmjod

Post by pharmjod »

Perhaps David Shall's Statue of Liberty? The existing video diagram could probably use an update.
Ben385

Post by Ben385 »

Sara, I've just thought of another model, Hideo Komatsu's sheep. Its quite easy to fold, and has a very effective colour change. I folded it in about 40 mins, so you could probably explain it in under an hour.
Diagrams are in Tanteidan Magazine 105.
fi-ori

Post by fi-ori »

Hi Sara,
I would like to see Robert Lang's "Peter's snowflake" or Romanz Diaz's "Buho" or Stepehn Weiss "Owl".

Thank you
Sara

Feedback!

Post by Sara »

I guess I should answer to some of these requests. ;)
jojotoar wrote:Pegasus by Robert Lang would be nice. I have trouble making it..
Rabbit by Robert J. Lang from Origami USA Convention 1988
Or Stephen Weiss models.
But I really want more of Neil Elias models. I adore him!
Pegasus: I've got the diagrams, will have a look at how to fold the model and then think about it.
Rabbit: Hm, is that the same rabbit at in Origami Zoo (http://www.giladorigami.com/BO_Zoo.html)?
Stephen Weiss models: Will look into it.
Neil Elias models: Will look into it.
aces21 wrote:I'd recommend anything by Roman Diaz.
I'll have to look into Roman Diaz's work, haven't done that thus far. He has a couple of diagrams online, so that's probably going to be the easiest starting point.
飛竜 wrote:llopio´s moment of truth!
I want to get the BOS booklet on Neil Elias' work, and will then definitely have to give this model a try.
moman wrote:i dont know if this is the right place to ask or not, or if you have even worked on cps yourself or not, but if so, are you considering on making cp videos as well?
I haven't folded much from CP, I fear. And if I made a video, it'd probably show the steps I guessed from looking at the CP. Printing out a CP, making creases and then collapsing - I'm not sure that's the kind of video I'd go for. Or what did you mean by "CP videos"?
Zoraz wrote:I would love to see some of Noboru Miyajima's work in a video, like his wolf or any of his other animals.
Will have to have a look at his work. Reminder to myself: http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~origami/e/index.html
pharmjod wrote:Perhaps David Shall's Statue of Liberty? The existing video diagram could probably use an update.
Hm, and which video would that be? Also, where can I find diagrams? [Origami database not working. :(]
ted385 wrote:Sara, I've just thought of another model, Hideo Komatsu's sheep. Its quite easy to fold, and has a very effective colour change. I folded it in about 40 mins, so you could probably explain it in under an hour.
Diagrams are in Tanteidan Magazine 105.
Hm, the problem with that is: How do I get hold of a Tanteidan Magazine 105? [I'm also guessing that contacting Hideo Komatsu might be a challenge.] Any pointers?
fi-ori wrote:I would like to see Robert Lang's "Peter's snowflake" or Romanz Diaz's "Buho" or Stepehn Weiss "Owl".
Snowflake: You're trying to convince me to make a video on a modular piece. Ah, that might be a tough one. ;)
RD's Owl: Has this been diagrammed yet, and if so, where?
SW's Owl: The owl in Origami Zoo? (http://www.giladorigami.com/BO_Zoo.html) That'd be very doable. Simple model, and I have the book with diagrams. Plus, I've been in contact with Stephen Weiss on permission already. :)

-- Sara
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Satoshi Kamiya Deinonychusl from CP
InsomniacFolder

Re: Feedback!

Post by InsomniacFolder »

Sara wrote:Plus, I've been in contact with Stephen Weiss on permission already.
That alone is good news, hope he is well - I think he's vastly underrated. His "Dog in a Doghouse" might make a very popular tutorial, particularly for those that had not yet come across it, as it is a 'sensibly perfect' model, capturing the essence of the subject.

Might I also suggest Go Guspaths Mouse, which my niece & I have greatly enjoyed folding recently from the Diagrams in Nick Robinsons "Origami for Dummies". It's super cute & locks together beautifully. A good Instructional Video (such as yours) would show inexperienced folders how to overcome the initally daunting precise 3D construction.

Whichever model you go for, we're lookng forward to seeing it.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
fi-ori

Post by fi-ori »

Sara wrote:
Snowflake: You're trying to convince me to make a video on a modular piece. Ah, that might be a tough one. ;)
RD's Owl: Has this been diagrammed yet, and if so, where?
SW's Owl: The owl in Origami Zoo? (http://www.giladorigami.com/BO_Zoo.html) That'd be very doable. Simple model, and I have the book with diagrams. Plus, I've been in contact with Stephen Weiss on permission already. :)

-- Sara
Yes! I'm trying to convince you to make this modular in particular 'cause I love 5 tetrahedra and I don't know how to buy the BOS magazine with the diagram :oops:

I fear there's not a diagram for RD's owl

The owl in Weiss's Origami Zoo is sooo cute [-o<

Thanks for your videos and your work for origami
(and sorry for my english)
Zoraz

Post by Zoraz »

legionzilla wrote:Satoshi Kamiya Deinonychusl from CP
Anermak actually made full photodiagrams for that one. Here they are.
viewtopic.php?t=5209
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

Hi Sara,
I know you will choose to fold some difficult model so that anyone who already tried it and failed would start as soon as you upload a tutorial. Personally i would like to see more modular origami like doodlebug by Yami Yamauchi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZQ51Pd227M or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MrAuq_F2dU i dunno what's it called but it looks cool. So hopefully we will see a new origami tutorial soon. Thanks
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Anermak actually made full photodiagrams for that one. Here they are.
viewtopic.php?t=5209
Yep, saw those before.
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

HankSimon wrote:How about Dreaming Dog by Giang Dinh ?
I would to see this one too. :D
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

Yep, I like to see the dreaming dog too. However, I heard that there is a very hard step that may be hard to show in video.
Sara

Re: Dreaming Dog by Giang Dinh

Post by Sara »

I haven't had any luck getting the diagrams for the Dreaming Dog/Cat thus far. I looked into buying the OrigamiUSA Collection 2007, but I'm not sure yet because of the shipping and not being able to pay via PayPal. I would love to buy the collection, esp. because there are several other interesting models in the collection. This is when I wish diagrams were offered as e-books more often.

I'm thinking about buying "License to Fold" (and a couple of other things from the Origami Shop). Then I'd have the diagrams for the dreaming cat. But I have to admit that I like the dreaming dog better. I'm not sure how similar the models are in their folding sequence, but I guess I can give it a go.

-- Sara
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

Re: Can't get diagrams for Dreaming Dog/Cat so far...

How can we help ? PM me privately, if more appropriate.

- Hank Simon
Crane89

Post by Crane89 »

What about Anibal Voyer's cat? The diagrams are on the web (http://dev.origami.com/images_pdf/cat_voyer.pdf), but I haven't seen many people folding it.