Sara's Video thread: wish a model

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...
fi-ori

Post by fi-ori »

I still vote for Sthepen Weiss's Owl :wink:
fold-it-all

Post by fold-it-all »

I didn't know you were on here Sarah :) . Goridigami, may I suggest buying Robert Langs "origami design secrets", it has helped me understand crease patterns like nothing before(and yes most of the crease pattern links on here aren't worth your time, they didn't help me at least, Eileens did ). Not only did origami design secrets help me with crease patterns I've created my own fox in which will be my first model, and I will post diagrams as soon as I perfect it, and make neater diagrams of it.
Laugh alone, and the world thinks you're an idiot.
gordigami

Sara's Video thread: wish a model

Post by gordigami »

fold-it-all:
Yes, thanks for your suggestion, you are right in your appraisal of Dr. Lang's book.
I have the book, of course, and greatly appreciate Dr. Lang's approach.
However, I was thinking more of an educational rather than scholastic book on crease patterns, for others probably more than myself.
I believe that there is room , in the origami world, for a comprehensive book exclusively devoted to crease pattern technique & philosophy.
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
WhisperPuffin

Post by WhisperPuffin »

by the way, Lang's book is all about mathematics. You could do a whole book about the artistic techniques in origami... :wink:
Bibbleyboopalah!

A Whisper of Puffins (my Flickr)
fold-it-all

Post by fold-it-all »

I suppose you both are correct, if its not your cup of tea. The only other tips for learning crease patterns i can see useful is to get a bunch of diagrams and fold them, then take them apart, giving you the crease pattern and you can study its mountain valley relationship. What would be even better is to find a diagram with a crease pattern that also exists, Kamiya's book has that so maybe that would work for you.
Laugh alone, and the world thinks you're an idiot.
Lycaryth

Post by Lycaryth »

My suggestions aren't quite patterns, but here goes:

- Basic Wet Folding
I would personally love to see some wet folding in action... I tried looking for this on Youtube before but I keep getting videos on wet tissue folding or even dough folding :evil:

- Paper comparison
A one-minute-fold model showing the differences between all kinds of paper (kami, tissue, foil, copy paper, elephant hide, ... or even fabric and napkins), but I guess that could be accomplished with pictures as well and I haven't got a clue how complex that would end up to set it all up :oops:

And may I just say... Thank you for your videos so far, I've learned a lot from them =D> You solved the mystery of open and closed sinks for me when I first started =D>
PauliusOrigami
Forum Sensei

Post by PauliusOrigami »

llopio´s moment of truth!! Please :D
My flickr gallery. Come to visit and leave feedback.
Sara

Post by Sara »

I've finally come round to starting with the tessellation technique videos. Six of them are up now on my website and YouTube. I also decided to do a video each on how to make tissue foil and double tissue. I was a bit reluctant, because there are videos out there on how to make tissue foil already, but decided the verbal instructions I added merited another video of the kind.
Finally, I also did a video with a sort of review of Eric Gjerde's book "Origami Tessellations". Get it, it's awesome. :)

I won't post the direct links here, because really there's nine of them... but the general ones will lead you on the way: http://www.happyfolding.com and http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamsSara

Next up are more tessellation technique videos. I also was able to reach Hugo Pereira and Charles Esseltine, so that's added more todos on my list. I saw that someone did a video on Charles Esseltine's dragon already, so I'll have to check the quality of that before I decide whether I'll make an instructional video on the model. I'll probably also be doing a video on Hugo Pereira's "Jack in a Box", which lots of people on YouTube have requested.

Happy folding,

-- Sara
elanman

Post by elanman »

WhisperPuffin wrote:by the way, Lang's book is all about mathematics. You could do a whole book about the artistic techniques in origami... :wink:
Michael G La Flosse has done two, Advanced Origami and Origami Art. :)
PauliusOrigami
Forum Sensei

Post by PauliusOrigami »

Wow, sara, i hav seen a few videos that shows TFoil making process, but your videos are hundred of times informative than those, and videos by others hadn't any sound. I can say i rally enjoyed watching your videos. Great job! One day when i get Tissue paper i will try this experience ;)
My flickr gallery. Come to visit and leave feedback.
Whitefly

Post by Whitefly »

Sara wrote:I've finally come round to starting with the tessellation technique videos.
Great great work Sara!
I have dowloaded all new videos to complete the Adams video collection!
Very nice to look your hands hear your voice and exerciting my english!
So long all the best
Mario
Sara

Post by Sara »

Whitefly wrote:I have dowloaded all new videos to complete the Adams video collection!
Ah, question: On YouTube I have the option to make videos available for download. I've done that for some videos (mostly the technique stuff), but not all. Do you download all videos, or just the one's I've enabled download for? I'm fine with people downloading all videos, as long as it's only for personal use, but am interested to hear whether the YouTube option I use makes any sense.

-- Sara
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

if you don't want to install one of the dozends of available plugins/programs, you could just use this website
http://v2load.com/
just copy&paste the link and downlaod the video. worked well for all videos I wanted to download so far :)
Whitefly

Post by Whitefly »

Sara Adams wrote:Ah, question: On YouTube I have the option to make videos available for download.
whether the YouTube option I use makes any sense.
Oh oh ... problems to the horizon!! :shock:
TILL NOW i had not any problem for the download! :oops:
All of my video collection is for tightly personal use but...
enough one only word from you and I will erase everything! ](*,)
ciao a presto
Mario
Sara

Post by Sara »

Whitefly wrote:All of my video collection is for tightly personal use but...
enough one only word from you and I will erase everything!
As mentioned, as long as it's only for personal use I'm fine with people downloading (all) my videos. And it does mean that you think they're good enough to watch them time and again. :)
I just wanted to know whether people actually use the YouTube download option, or whether they use other programs to simply download all videos they're interested in. Sounds like the latter is the case. Good to know.

-- Sara