Robert J. Lang - Black Pine Sawyer

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
dotcomma

Robert J. Lang - Black Pine Sawyer

Post by dotcomma »

Hello guys, I am actually having some trouble on step 41 of Lang's "black pine sawyer". I can't figure out how to sink the 2 edges together.
The diagram is on Origami Insects and Their Kin. Wich, by the way, is a book I like a lot. Someone out there know how to go through that step?
Origami? Origasm.
Innotech

Post by Innotech »

if its the step I think it is, I think the diagram is drawn incorrectly.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

You're in luck, I just folded that model very recently. For step 41, the two edges that you will have to sink are basically the ones found on step 39 (the right and left edges on the front, along with the middle triangle.) The thing with this sink is that the precreases (step 40) don't really give all of the necessary creases. At the very least, you'll probably have to manually fold the creases for the sink (start with the creases on step 41 and work your way down the flap.) Just refer to step 42 to verify your progress. I hope you'll manage to do your sink with my help :wink:.
dotcomma

Post by dotcomma »

woa thanks a lot man, i did it :D
problem solved :)
Origami? Origasm.
the modern einstein

Re: Robert J. Lang - Black Pine Sawyer

Post by the modern einstein »

how do you perform 46 - 47? I don't know which edge to sink.
Paperman

Post by Paperman »

Hi all,
I'm still struggeling at step 41.
There is a dotted line. Is this a fold I have to make?
At diagram 42 there is a very small triagle at the bottom of the triangle created at step 39. How to interpret this?
Thanks for your support!
the modern einstein

Post by the modern einstein »

Yes, the dotted line is a fold you have to make. basically, you precrease the sink on both sides of the model, and crease vertically down from where the main sink hits the edge of the paper. you then sink both sides, and sink the central point where the dotted line is, and push it further into the model. The triangle is the left-over paper, where the main sink wraps around the paper that you have collapsed inside the model.
Scoopey

Post by Scoopey »

Anyone got any actual pictures of how this is done...still can't figure it out.
Second attempt and still stuck it really needed a 3d step in between 41 and 42 or event a cutaway showing how the layers sit.