Sunburst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Damn, all I can say, Sunburst, is that you have some pretty outrageously good looking designs.
Didée

Post by Didée »

Again, two outstanding designs! I like the Gemini model in particular, since that is my zodiac sign.

(OT) - may I ask, does Flickr have an *absolute* limit for free accounts? Digging around, they point out the monthly upload limit very obviously, but there is adamant silence about a possible absolute storage limit.
My flickr gallery (growing *very* slowly)
oswalakhil

Post by oswalakhil »

The Gemini is amazing!!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thank you all for your comments, even if I reply to them after one month!
Didée : As far as I know, you can upload an unlimited amount of pictures on Flickr. Unfortunately, free accounts only display the 200 most recent pictures, and I don't think there is any way to see your old ones.

I didn't do much origami this month, but here's what I did :

Blue Whale by Joseph Wu
This model is pretty simple for such a good result. Shaping it in 3d isn't very easy to do, though, with foil paper.

Spinosaurus by Shuki Kato
From the Origami Weekly blog. A very entertaining model to fold. The design itself is pretty interesting as well.

Zable Fahr by myself
A boss from the game Secret of Mana 2. The right and left heads are identical. It's not my best design, but it's certainly cool-looking. The platform and background are from kami squares.
I know the quality of the picture is very bad, but this is the best I could do with what I have (and I retouched it a bit, too). I'll definitely upload a better picture eventually.

oyster

Post by oyster »

Owl by Joseph Wu?
I think that is a people with black mask on his long-jaw face, the white part is the breast
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Awersome awersome stuff!!!! keep it up! :D
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Four new models :

Genie of the Lamp
From a single square. Another design that uses diagonal box pleating. The arms came out a bit short, but I like the overall result.

Ace of Hearts
Pretty much the same than my ace of spades, except tthe lance is different and two spade shapes are inverted. Inverting those shape may sound simple, but it is pretty difficult to do. I challenge anyone to fold this out of my ace of spades CP :wink:.

Poltergeist
From one square. The idea was too funny to pass up. Of course, it can also be used as a simple kitchen table. Funny fact, it would take a square of at least 12m to make a life-sized table.

Manticore
Based on my sphinx model (the body is pretty much the same). I definitely need thinner paper for this model, as the tail and mane became very thick. I really like how the wings came out.

origamipt

Post by origamipt »

Sunburst the models that I liked by him was:
Zombie
Death
Ghost
Statue of Liberty
Vampire
Dryad 1.4
Dryad 1.5
ace of heart
genie of the lamp
Manticore

Their models are clean, beautiful and amazing score of 10

My blog:
http://www.papergamipt.blogspot.com/
kplank

Post by kplank »

Sunburst your models are great, every one of them!!!!

You should make a book!!! =)
zwy6art

Post by zwy6art »

I HAVE to have diagrams for the genie model!
phoenyx
Location: A little town in the middle of nowhere where I can fold undisturbed... I'm not telling you where!

Post by phoenyx »

awesome zombie... i wish i could do that!
manticore 8) too
Take time to talk like a pirate today.
Origamist388

Post by Origamist388 »

I might have an idea for the mummy:
Make a skeleton,stretch the stomach part and make (uneven) pleats.
Art is about creation. It is about self-expression. It is giving form to something within you.
-Joseph Wu
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks guys!
@ Origamist388 : I actually thought of something similar, except using the zombie coat instead. I'm still trying to figure out something for the mummy (mostly to have better paper consumption), which is why I haven't finished designing it yet.
@ zwy6art : Heh heh, good luck getting those diagrams since I don't plan diagramming my models soon (just think how horribly long it would take.) Although, I can always send you the CP for my genie if you want.

Here's my most recent models :

Doctor of the Plague
While looking up pictures of witch doctors, I stumbled upon images of this kind of doctor and I immediately thought it would make a great subject for origami. I think I managed to nail every details nicely on this model.

Geisha
A major upgrade of my girl in kimono model. Pretty much everything is improved and made differently to support those color-changes. On the end of the sleeves, I also had some flaps to do some color-changed pattern (a swan on the right and a fish on the left, altough you can't really see them on this picture...) Even though it is a huge step where I'm heading with this model, I'm not yet satisfied with it and will probably do a second version eventually.

Witch Doctor
I don't think I ever really saw an origami figure with a mask on, from a same sheet before. So, this subject eventually came in mind. I had a lot of trouble finding inspiration pictures on the web for this, so most of the details are made up (and yes, the mask can probably be completely different with some modifications). The structure of this model is actually very close to my dryad. Her hair and my witch doctor's mask are made very similarly.

On a side note, we just had an earthquake that lasted almost a minute, a couple of minutes ago. (I'd guess maybe at least 4 on Richter's magnitude scale?) Those NEVER happen where I live either...
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

awesome!!!! :D
please could you make make a diagram of that mask creature thing?
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

Sunburst wrote:Witch Doctor
This picture made me smile - an original idea and amazing execution.
The gap to separate the upper and lower teeth is a clever choice, rather than, say, tesselating the teeth; it really adds to the ferocity in the mask.

The atmosphere of the piece is exquisite, I admire it greatly
"Had we but world enough and time..."