Satoshi Kamiya - Phoenix 3.5 (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
SpecialOrigami

Post by SpecialOrigami »

Folded! The solution helped alot Thanks.
Origami Lions, tigers, and dragons OH MY!
SamHelsby

hi im new to the forum

Post by SamHelsby »

hi all im new to the forum and i need help i have diagrams for phoenix 3.5 from a friend in japan. however im stuck on steps 39 - 49 if any body has folded this please can u help me thanks a lot
Life's all one big origami design. u start as a fresh sheet no creases what so ever. as you age you start to where with all the creases of life until finally we become the amazing structure of a finished model.
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by insaneorigami »

SamHelsby: I can assure that any diagrams not written by Kamiya are both faulty, and illegal. I suggest you just try to fold the CP like the rest of us. Probably the reason that you have trouble with the diagram is that.... It's wrong!

But seriously, using a diagram NOT made by Kamiya is almost definitely going against his wishes, not to mention (as I previously mentioned) illegal. He made a CP for us to use. If he makes another book, than who knows? He might even include a diagram for it. But until that wonderful time, just try to fold the CP. Can't fold it? I hate to say it, but that's too bad.
Thanks for not posting a link to the diagram.

Sorry if I seem a bit.. .... rude. It just upsets me that people have such little respect for the designer.

P.S.: Even if the diagram WERE made by Satoshi Kamiya, finding it on the internet would still almost definitely be illegal, because you did not purchase it
SamHelsby

Post by SamHelsby »

i didnt find the diagram on the internet and the diagram is by kamiya satoshi it says copyright at the bottom. my friend told me he got it at one of the tanteidan conventions a couple of years ago im sorry if this has caused a bother and i have no idea where to even start with crease patterns i am truely sorry i wont mention it again and ill happily email anybody to do with this as i dont want to get into any copyright infringment. sorry again
Life's all one big origami design. u start as a fresh sheet no creases what so ever. as you age you start to where with all the creases of life until finally we become the amazing structure of a finished model.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

hint: any/all drama on this board can be avoided by SEARCHING and LURKING.

:D
Ragnorax

Post by Ragnorax »

Just throwing this out there, in hopes it may help someone in the future...

Base of phoenix 3.5

SamHelsby

Post by SamHelsby »

hey all just to let you know i have gone by your wishes and started the cp it looks hard but with all the topics on it im sure ill be bale to do it wish me luck and ill post a picture of it when im done what type of paper do you recommend and if joseph wu is here id like to ask him a question :P its about one of his models ive looked everywhere and i cont find a cp or diagram of it so if hed kindly take my question into consideration.... would you be able to post a cp of your phoenix?
i know it may be a bit much but i realy would like to fold that phoenix it is sublime.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

search through the thread, as i suggested. somewhere on this forum there is a link to photodiagrams (that nobody has ever fussed about). in fact, one link is in the second page of this very topic.

and, i don't imagine actual diagrams would be all that different from just folding from the cp. there's a youtube clip of satoshi folding the phoenix. just eyeballing it, i would say he precreases the cp, then collapses the base.
SamHelsby

Post by SamHelsby »

hey i have now folded the cp after hours and hours of trying i managed to get the base (thanks for the pic ragnorax :D :wink: ) it really helped just working on the details now trying to figure whats what with it lol will post a pic of finished model
SamHelsby

Post by SamHelsby »

hey just a quick question to ragnorax what type of paper did you use for your model?
Ragnorax

Post by Ragnorax »

SamHelsby wrote:hey just a quick question to ragnorax what type of paper did you use for your model?
I used foil paper for my phoenixes
PauliusOrigami
Forum Sensei

Post by PauliusOrigami »

Hi Folks.
I am folding Phoenix 3.5 from CP again. Now i try to shape the wings according to a photo diagrams i found on the net. okay, but they don't show one important step
From this:
To this:

i mean, how do i make that pleat on the wing, on it's inner side?
thanks in advance!
My flickr gallery. Come to visit and leave feedback.
JumPurge

Post by JumPurge »

@Paulis:
It's basically taking the flap and sinking it. I have had lots of trouble with it before.
I just take the flaps that you see on the right and left of the wing, open them up like a fan, and push them all inwards.
I've always got one wing right and the other wrong (personally, I have no idea if they actually are), along with the layers going here and there funny on one.
[img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh21 ... 0_1718.jpg[/img]
*Result of an open sink.
Origami NINJA

Post by Origami NINJA »

Hey i found a great site that has wonderful photodiagrams on all parts of the phoenix including the wings. It also helps out on the collapsing part so take a look at it.

http://www.takwing.idv.hk/origami/diagram/index.html
RollerCoasterBug

Post by RollerCoasterBug »

Alright, PauliusOrigami, how do you get from your first picture to your second? Shaping the wings on this model is the worst for me. Folded it 3 times, wings look like crud. :cry: Where was the site you fond these photos?
nosyrb