final fantasy

Place all non-origami related posts in here; films, food, your life etc.
origamifreak_1.6180339889

final fantasy

Post by origamifreak_1.6180339889 »

hi
a while ago, i watched final fantasy 7. i though it was a pretty cool movie. so i bought the game for playstation 2. i immediately returned it. i didnt get the playing style at all. the way you fight was just annoying and it didnt even look like the same world as the movie. the first level was in some sort of medieval castle. i know there are a couple different versions of this game. is there one thats sort of like the movie? preferably with a different fighting style( not choosing your attack then running around the enemy while your character automatically performs the attack)
i really want to play this game to find out what all of the final fantasy models by satoshi kamiya are all about, so any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Final Fantasy is an amazing game in my opinion and by the way; there was no final fantasy VII for PS2 :S

The main thing of final fantasy is the turn based action. If you want a different type of final fantasy try XI or in the near future XIV (hasn't came out yet) because they are going to be MMORPGs instead of turn based.

What's the main character in your final fantasy? Oooh, and a good FF would be IX or XI. I believe the best is IX (9).
Final Fantasy 7 is about an un-recruited soldier who got hired to take out generators in the main city because they are harnessing the Materite ( think that's what they call it.) of Terra and it's slowly destroying the earth.

Final Fantasy 9 is about Zidane, a thief who got hired to steal the princess Garnet (later known as Dagger), who is sent on an adventure with multiple other characters (including Vivi, that oh so iconic black mage with a large pointy hat) and he and his friends discover their purpose and a plan. If I tell you anymore I think I'll ruin the whole adventure. It's great cinematics too. And I believe the best story line ever.
origamifreak_1.6180339889

Post by origamifreak_1.6180339889 »

oh, wait youre right. its actually final fantasy xii. :oops: and i think the thing i liked most about the movie was the mix between a scifi atmosphere and a fantasy atmosphere, so if there are any final fantasy games like that, id like to try it. i tried the demo for final fantasy tactics and i liked the controls for it but i didnt like how it was just battles. ive never played an rpg before so im not exactly sure how im supposed to play them. and are any of the games you suggested for ps2 or psp?
Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Final Fantasy IX and IV are for PS1 so you can play em on PS2. VII is like the movie and what you described. Guns, futuristic, fantasy. IX is amazing graphics for PS1 and is Fantasy Past I guess. Sorta not really past. Just Fantasy like. Sorta like Starwars is to sci-fi, FF IX is to fantasy.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

final fantasy, like most japanese RPGs, is way overrated.

almost anything from bioware will be better. the grandaddy of them all, the ultima series, is also great, but the very dated graphics are sure to be distracting to modern gamers.
FrumiousBandersnatch
Forum Sensei

Post by FrumiousBandersnatch »

I will say that I enjoyed FFVIII quite a bit. Most of the earlier ones still feel too generic for me. FFVII had a decent, albeit confusing storyline...but neat characters. FFIX felt strange...but in a good way. FFXIII...well...I bought it a couple of months ago, played it for like an hour, and haven't played since. It didn't keep my interest they way a game should. The battle system was awful...they should have kept with what they had going in FFXII...the loading and exiting of each battle is jarring...and throws off the entire rhythm of the game.