Sunburst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thank you very much, both of you!
@Joshua : Diagramming that guy would be way too hard. I can always draw the cp if you want, though.
@InsomniacFolder : I'm not exactly a pro with tesselations (never tried because I don't have the right paper for them), so this was pretty much the way to go for me. It also gives a bigger freedom with the shaping of the teeth.

Giraffe by joshuaorigami
Very good model, the second giraffe I have ever folded I think (please don't throw shoes at me...) This model is very fun to fold and the diagrams are very clear. I tried to shape it as much as I could, although the body didn't exactly took shaping very well. Excellent job on this model, Joshua!

Mini-imp by myself
An attempt to simplify my old Imp model. I kept the head almost intact, but the body is smaller and more appropriate I think. It's very fun to fold.

Treant by myself
I wanted to do this for a while. I tried to make a more spooky-looking one to go with my halloween themed creations. Boxpleating was ideal for this model, with the bark and all. I'm very pleased with the result.

Fan lizard by myself
A challenge I got from the French origami forum (which has an Avatar-themed challenge this month.) I'm glad I managed to fold this. The fan was pretty hard to design, as it's huge and eats lots of paper and the lizard small. I did a pretty generic lizard because I didn't have many good photos of this creature.

joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

fantastic job! :wink:
thank you very much for folding, and youve done it wonderfully!
thank you :D

btw, those other models are perfect!
keep it up, and im looking forward to see more!
natureboy

Post by natureboy »

I've nevere seen this gallery before, damn these are the best models I've ever seen, the shaping is perfect!

zombie, vampire and treant are my favourite!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Great news! Got a new camera with a macro feature that takes even better pictures than before! See for yourself how the pictures can hardly be compared :

Before

After

And so I had to take pictures of most of my designs again. This time I used tissue paper as backgrounds. Only problem with the pictures was that I didn't have very good lighting available. Also, I made a new flickr account since I have uploaded 50 pictures and my old account was already full.
And before I forget, here's the stuff I folded in the past 2 months :

Girl
Design used mostly to test out stuff such as pose and details.

Minotaur
I wanted to design a minotaur for a while and here it is! I decided to make one wearing an armor and weapon as if ready to battle. The body ended up a bit thin, even though I tried giving it lots of volume. The head is my favorite part.
As for the mace, for those who may have noticed it, it is basically a 8x8 Meguro urchin with a square grafted on one side ;)

Coffin
From a rectangle of proportions 2:3. I wanted to fold a sarcophagus with one sheet for the two egyptian challenges, but didn't have any experience with boxes at all. So, I inspired myself from the only model I know of that has a box and lid from the same paper : Hugo Pereira's Jack-in-a-Box. I ended up getting a nice, long box with lid attached who can be easily closed or opened. This coffin is basically that box with shaped corners, and the first step in getting the sarcophagus.
My vampire could probably fit in it ;).

Sarcophagus
My entry for the egyptian challenges. It takes the coffin as a base, with center grafts added everywhere in order to get the difficult details such as the head, shoulder gaps and protruding feets. And yes, it can open and close at will and is made from a single rectangle of proportions 10:13.

One last thing : I did plan on making a mummy to place inside the sarcophagus for the challenges (with separate sheets or even a single sheet). But, the mummy ended up being too paper-consuming for the pleats and left lots of unused paper that could hardly be used at all. In other terms, it's just not an efficient subject to make in origami (at least for me.) I may end up doing one in the future, but now I want to do other subjects first.
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

your models are some of my favorite models ever! i wish for more cp's...i have an idea for a mummy but am not good enough to fold it lol.
EDIT: i forgot to ask: can you post a link for your new flickr gallery?
EDIT AGAIN: thank you for the flickr link
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks for the comments orislater... (1 month later...) I you want to see more CPs, just ask for which one you want to see ;)

Here are my folds for october :

Horror Movie
Boxpleated. Created for the monthly challenge on the french forum (horror/gore). Model inspired by a scene in a certain horror movie (which I haven't even sawn yet) : a girl coming out of a TV to murder you. The TV is 3D and has 4 legs, altough you can't see it on this picture.

Headless Horseman
Boxpleated. Created for the monthly challenge on the french forum (horror/gore). The cape was inspired by the hair of my horror movie model. This subject was so obvious that I was surprised I didn't think about it before.

Horn
From my cylinder technique. Created for the monthly challenge on this forum (because this is also a horn and I just couldn't resist.)

Bell
From my cylinder technique. This model, who is almost identical to my umbrella save for the proportions, was extremely hard to fold well. It was hard to get inside withouth risking to undo what was already done.

Glass
From my cylinder technique. I probably invented this model in less than half an hour. I inspired myself from glasses found at home. The color change inside the glass gives the impression that the glass is full (of juice, wine or... blood!)

orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

great work!
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
maik.fischer

Post by maik.fischer »

You're really good. I really like the Knight and your "cylinder technique".
Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

can you make cp of death please and the pointy stick with blade thing death is holding
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks you guys!
Sorry if I didn't reply earlier, Trouble. I'll try to get time to make the CP for my death and post it (as well as ATTEMPT some diagrams for the christmas book). Just so you know, the CP is VERY similar to my ghost one.

Just one new model this time :

Angel and Devil
From a rectangle 1:3. Created for the monthly challenge on the english forum (duality). I didn't have much ideas, so I just did an angel and a devil from the same rectangle. The angel is an upgrade from my mini-angel model and the devil is based on the CP of that angel. The angel and devil both use one third of the rectangle and the link between them, the last third. The method used to «solder» the two models is not my favorite, but it works in this case.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Geyser
From a square. Created for the december challenge (natural environment). The concept is pretty simple, but kind of hard to make/shape since you have to go from cylinder form to planar form (which is then undulated randomly to represent vaporization.)

Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

istantly recognizable
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

I finally started makign my own double tissue with MC. My paper isn't perfect, but very foldable. It gives a nice change from folding with tissue foil, altough I'm still not used to shaping with MC.

Hydra
First design folded with double tissue. The heads looks wierd, but that's the best I could come up with with so little paper for them. The tail and legs are the best parts in my opinion.

Cats by Roman Diaz
Reecently recieved got Origami Para Interpreters. I haven't had much time to fold models from the book, but I did make those cats (intended as presents). I also used them to try triple tissue (thicker, but gives a wider variety of colorss).
Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

nice
PauliusOrigami
Forum Sensei

Post by PauliusOrigami »

32*32 grid for geyser?
My flickr gallery. Come to visit and leave feedback.