Sunburst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Yes, 32x32 grid ^

Crane by Roman Diaz
I played around with double tissue MC for a while and this is probably my best result. I treated the neck with MC to tighten it and the result was great! Of course, the model itself is a masterpiece also.

Gorilla by Quentin Trollip
Double tissue again. Great result, great model. I only had a bit of trouble giving volume to the head.

Sparrows by Roman Diaz
Double tissue. I really like this model and it is fun to fold. The result is very pleasing.

Cartoon Frog by Nicolas Terry
I attempted this model with double tissue at first, but the result just didn't hold out very well. So of course, this meant tissue foil to the rescue! The model itself is great, but you have to work a lot to get a good result (giving volume to the body for instance).

Templar
I invented the arm with shield at least 2 years ago and I have been trying to find a good body for it ever since. I finally found one which required a rectangle slightly larger than a square (64x72). I am really happy to have finally folded this model. Details include : cape, hand holding sword, arm holding shield + straps around arm, sword sheath, belt, helmet...

joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

Amazing stuff, Sunburst! :D
Sunburst

Re: Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Super Hero
56x56 boxpleat. I wanted to make another caped character after folding my templar. A super hero came to mind, but I didn't want to make one in particular. So I invented this one with a pretty generic appearance. If I had to name him, it would be «the SPARROW».

Banshee
48x48 boxpleat. A banshee is a spirit that is supposed to predict the death of whoever hear her keening. I mostly wanted to make a character similar to my ghost. I think I nailed most details, especially the mouth, but the hair was hard to shape so it doesn't look like a cloth on her head.

Hairclip
24x24 boxpleat. For the monthly challenge : action models. This model started out as a seashell. The result wasn't pleasing enough to me, so I changed it by adding teeth. The result looked a lot like a hairclip. It also opens, closes and grabs light objects. One of my models simple enough to be diagrammed.

Julien Gritte

Post by Julien Gritte »

Sunburst, you should thinking about publish a book! Great models!
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

AMAZED
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

does it fix a bunch of hair, sunburst? please try again on the shell-version!
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
Roodaksta

Post by Roodaksta »

Nice models, Ever thought of putting diagrams for some of your models?
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks all! (and sorry for late replies as always.)
I'm still undecided about starting a book. Finding time to dedicate to it will become harder and harder now.
@grizzly man : Unfortunately, no. The teeth are too weak for that. BUT, it can easily stick to the face of any origami character :D

Culex
52x52 boxpleat. For the French origami forum challenge (video games.) This guy is the hardest boss to beat from the Super Mario RPG game. The big yellow part is supposed to be a crystal in which Culex is stuck I guess. To make it, I simply used the water technique from Takashi's aquarius and pushed the corners out.

Heartless Shadow
24x24 boxpleat. For the French origami forum challenge (video games again.) This is a common creature from the Kingdom Heart game. I think I the result is completely identical.

I also have something very cool coming up for the next monthly challenge.
FlareglooM

Post by FlareglooM »

The Heartless Shadow from Kingdom Hearts is really really awesome!
My Flickr

FlareglooM
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

those are awesome!!! please make a cp for the heartless shadow!
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks guys!
Here's the CP for the shadow. Hope you like it.
Some specifications :
24x36 grid
For the legs, I inspired myself from Eric Joisel's Dwarf
For each eye, a squash fold with two color changes
For the head, use the pleats

orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

your awesome thank you!
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

No problem! I hope you'll try it.

String Puppet
Both parts are boxpleated and in double tissue + MC. Puppet is from 36x336 grid and support is from 16x16. I had the crazy idea to make an origami string puppet and here is the result. The puppet could've looked like anything as long as his limbs were articulated (I chose a more classic-looking puppet here.) He can walk, dance, raise his arms, sit and... that's pretty much it. His movement is fairly limited, but it's a good start I think. I used dental floss for the strings and nuts tied to the limbs to add weight. This model also gave me the idea of the topic for the may monthly challenge.

akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

what a nice idea to add a new dimension to action origami!
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks grizzly man! Soon all string puppets will be made out of paper! Ok maybe not, but I will surely try to perfect mine.

Slime and Dracky
Slime (20x20 boxtpleat) and Dracky (40x24 boxpleat) are two very common creatures from Dragon Quest and probably mascots of the serie. The slime has a strange CP : the face takes the top border of the square and the rest is vertical pleats. The body is made by improvisation. The dracky's face is very similar, but has a different body.

Yeah, there is a lot of inspiration for origami to get in video games.