Leicester (UK) Convention april 2006

Useful Information about Origami Societies, Meetings and Websites.
mleonard

Post by mleonard »

Had a lot of fun in Leicester. It was great to meet some of you for the first time, and some of you for the umpteenth time :D Special thanks to Emma for organising things.

Great photos, Saj. Next time around I don't think I'll bother taking my camera - if you're there, there doesn't seem to be any point. Shame you missed the POPPADOM meeting - it was a good one!
iAm4free

Re: Very Nice Pictures

Post by iAm4free »

Hi Nikhil, thank you for your kind comments regarding my website. Are you a member of Origami Mitra - I believe they hold exhibitions in India.

Diagrams for the Koala were published in the convention guide, let me just grab my copy to confirm ...
Saj
Hey Saj, I just looked at Origami Mitra a couple of days back, will plan to become a member of this community, they finished the convention in the month of January for the year 2006. :( Theres Next Time!!

I have ordered for the three Edwin Corrie books titled Animal Origami from BOS a week back, I am waiting to get my hands on them! I love his models. Great Creator. Simple and True....
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

We've uploaded our convention pictures on the Origami Austria homepage.

Enjoy :)

Anna & Gerwin
Nick

Re: Very Nice Pictures

Post by Nick »

iAm4free wrote:I liked Edwin Corrie's Koala's Picture the best!!!
I'd forgotten what an excellent design this is - having relearned it in the class, I then taught it twice more that night!

if you don't have diagrams, invest in his "animal origami 2" from BOS supplies http://www.britishorigami.info/supplies

Edwin doesn't have much spare cash (who does?) these days, so his visits to conventions are limited :cry:
David

Edwin Corrie Koala Model

Post by David »

The model taught at the convention Koala 3 is actually a "new" model dated 1998.
The diagrams are in the convention pack.

Nick you must have been taught well if you could remember it to teach again in the evening, who was the teacher? - perhaps other origami organisations would like to invite the teacher to their conventions :-)
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Hmmm... as far as I remember that was some weird Australian guy called David :P
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
David

An unpublished Edwin Corrie Diagram

Post by David »

Hi guys,
Have been e-chatting with Edwin and he is more than happy for me to share some of his diagrams.

Like I said the Koala is in the convention pack, but this is another all time favourite- if you saw my megre display there was also a dragon, well here is the diagrams for it.
I am not sure where it has been published, Edwin seems to think it has been.

I like folding it out of single colour thickish paper then playing around to get pleated wings a lower jaw and ears- think there is a photo somewhere.

Just put it onto the same site Anna uses it is a gif file shoud be decent resolution, enjoy

There is another koala digaram that Edwin is happy to share, I will put that into the diagrams forum.

Thanks to Edwin.

David (the wierd, if I was rich I'd be eccentric, Australian)
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/786/ ... on24it.gif
Last edited by David on April 14th, 2006, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Cool, thx :)

I liked that dragon very much in your display but somehow managed to forget to ask you about it :roll:
Gerwin
David

About the dragon

Post by David »

Ah you see there were far more interesting people for you all to meet;-)

Saying that you and Anna were a lot of fun.

Below is one I was working on at the convention, Sharon Turvey thought the wings looked better pleated this way- like coming form the shoulder.
It was inspired by folding Fairies with Dave Brill (with handmade indian paper)
But this dragon uses good old brown paper!

Last edited by David on April 15th, 2006, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Thanks for the compliment :D
Nick

Re: Edwin Corrie Koala Model

Post by Nick »

David wrote:The model taught at the convention Koala 3 is actually a "new" model dated 1998.
Blame that on the teacher who gave out false and misleading information
David wrote:Nick you must have been taught well if you could remember it to teach again in the evening, who was the teacher?
Some guy with a weird accent who tried in vain to amuse his audience with jokes well past their sell-by date. He wasn't a bad teacher though :P

Edwin points out that this design is from 1998 and he's sending me his latest koala, hot off the press! Wonder what that will taste like? We learned a loty about koalas during the class, including some unsavoury details I won't share here!
iAm4free

Re: Edwin Corrie Koala Model

Post by iAm4free »

Hey if Edwin dosen't mind could u scan a copy of this koala it really looks cute! I hope he prints another sequel to his Animal Origami Books.

regards,
Nikhil.
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Gerwin
David

To what the paper aspires.

Post by David »

This is a photo we took of a Koala in a tree just outside our front door last year.
I know it is not an origami one, but you have to admit- it is a lot cuter than the paper ones :)

I just remembered I had a copy on my laptop

Like I said Edwin does read this forum so the more people that say he should produce a book the better.

Nikll glad you are enjoying folding the models.

David

The link to the koala diagram

Click here for larger view of the real thing
Alexandre

Re: To what the paper aspires.

Post by Alexandre »

David wrote: Like I said Edwin does read this forum so the more people that say he should produce a book the better.
Hum today somebody registered with the nickname Edwin Corrie...

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1192