Robert J Lang - Western Pond Turtle HELP!!

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
pnpurdue

Robert J Lang - Western Pond Turtle HELP!!

Post by pnpurdue »

Has anybody finished the Western Pond Turtle?? I really need major help on step #24. It's crazy. I can't get it to look like step #25.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

First of all be sure, that the indicated creases are made really sharp in the right direction. Then begin pleating from the top, but don´t force the paper to lie flat, until all the pleats are made, that´s the last part and should be done at the same time with all the layers like the arrows show. Step 25 shows the hidden layers drawn with soft lines and the front layers drawn with normal lines.

Do you know how to fold Chevriers Turtle?
Maybe this could help you getting through this step.
pnpurdue

Post by pnpurdue »

This is my first turtle. One of my big problem is at the intersection of one of the long diagonal lines to the center shape (Hexagon).

.............. ___________
-----------/ /
----------/ /
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I see. Fold the long diagonal lines first, then push the center shape over. It´s a little bit tricky, you have to try out. The clou is to make some diagonal creases (violett) between the point where the valley folds meet and the point where the mountain folds meet.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I´ve made some pictures:

pnpurdue

Post by pnpurdue »

Origami_8 THank you SOO much! I dedicate this turtle to you! I'm working on it as we speak. I'll try my best :P
nat

Post by nat »

I have a question for step 23...

all those little arrows in the middle,
are they just part of the long valley folds that run from side to side? or they are individual little creases that are like one segment long.

Also, If thats the case, do we fold those long valley folds all the way across overlapping the shell part too?

thank u
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

It doesn´t really matter if you make them all the way through, or only partial. The only reason why you make this step is to have the creases in the right direction for the following steps, so you could also skip this step if you want to.