Hojyo Takashi - Buddha

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
vinniram

Post by vinniram »

hi, can someone help me with steps 31-32? I'm not sure what's going on there! I folded the things down in 29, and is there anything you're actually supposed to do in 30? Or is it just demonstrating what it looks like when you finish 29. So then I flipped over, but I have no idea what to do in 31/32. Thanks for any help.
Eraclis

Re: Hojyo Takashi - Buddha

Post by Eraclis »

Hi! I finally decided to give this model a try. I'm doing it with 50*50cm wrapping paper (only thing I could find that was big enough), but I'm having troule with steps 24 and 25. After about half an hour of fiddling with it, I finally almost got it, but it's very forced and inelegant.
Since I can't read the original Japanese, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which part of the sequence I should deal with first, and how to get the best result? Also, I know the dark arrows mean 'push in', but what about the white/black stars? In other books, I think it means that they should overlap, but in this context they clearly don't. What do they signify?
Thanks in advance, I'd appreciate the help!
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Step 24 is kind of an inside reverse fold or open sink however you like to call it. In other words, you push the sides to the middle. For step 25 press where the rightmost, uppermost, black arrow indicates to get the upper part of a birdbase.Then open up from the left to make the model flat again.
The hardest part on making this is that some of the creases need to be reversed, so maybe it would be helpful to precrease especially the middle structure (birdbase) in both directions.

About the stars: They just indicate which point goes where.
satoshifan

Post by satoshifan »

DO NOT FOLD WITH COPY PAPER! IT IS TOO SMALL FOR THE HANDS! but the rest turned out nice :D
"You have not failed. You have simply found one thousand things that don't work. Therefore, you are one thousand things closer to finding something that will"
~Thomas Edison
onoskelis

Post by onoskelis »

hey hi..can somebody tell me where i can find the diagrams?i want to fold one...
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

onoskelis wrote:hey hi..can somebody tell me where i can find the diagrams?i want to fold one...
Ya try reading the first page of the topic?
onoskelis

Post by onoskelis »

@ahudson

ya i read it. but i wanna kno if the book is available online for download. i've been searching for origami books in my local stores, but im not able to find it.
mixmastermarc16

Post by mixmastermarc16 »

the diagrams are not LEGALLY available for online download.....
Jabumaho

Post by Jabumaho »

Hi,
i have some trouble at the steps 35 - 37. Could anyone please give me some tipps?
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

those are just asymmetrical rabbit ears. make sure you follow the indicated landmarks. you are just forming buddha's "throne" here, so it doesn't need to be perfect anyway.
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Ive finished but only because i skipped the steps of shaping the hidden flap to make the palm..step 57 -65 can anyone assist?