Kamiya's Hercules Beetle

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Adam

Kamiya's Hercules Beetle

Post by Adam »

I just found some nice paper that I could use to fold one of Kamiya's models with, and I decided to fold his Hercules Beetle ( - as diagrammed in Works of Satoshi Kamiya ). I was making great progress, and everything went surprisingly well, until I got to step 57 ( page 42 ).
It says: "Reverse the paper wrapping the corners so the white side shows". Makes perfect sense to me, but the problem is that I've never encountered something like this in a diagram, so I really have no idea how to do this. I tried several things, but I couldn't seem to figure out how I was supposed to reverse the paper, without tearing it. I suppose I could just skip this step, but that would drasticly alter this model's appearance.

Could anyone please explain how this step is done? I'm sure it's a relatively easy step, but I just don't know how to do it properly.

Thanks in advance.

PS, I searched for a topic about this model, checked 8 pages filled with search results, but I couldnt find it.
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

Unfold that part of the model slightly, and reverse the creases when refolding it so that it wraps around the back. You could practice the move with a bird base.

Adam

Post by Adam »

Thank you very much for your help, Joe.
I just figured out what I was doing wrong; turns out I was reversing the wrong crease, so the model just wouldn't lie flat. Silly me!