I’ve already started making preparations by buying things which I’ll need for camp. Hopefully getting things done now will mean not needing to stress nearer the time. Olivia suggested I wait until the January sales to get some of the stuff (mostly the warm clothing I’ll need for the evenings). The list I have so far consists of:
Flashlight(I bought the LED Lenser Police Tech Focus Torch)
- Swim wear and shorts
- Hoodies and warm clothes
- Flag of Great Britain (for people to sign)
- Plug convertor
- iPod (unsure whether to get a shuffle or nano)
- Prescription swimming goggles
- Trainers and sandals
- Extra memory cards
- Wellington boots (might buy these in America)
- Sleeping bag (I like the Lippi Selk Bag)
- Rubber chicken, or I might take my PGTips monkey
I still need to pay the mandatory medical insurance (£165), travel surcharges (£178), baggage insurance (£62), VISA costs ($131) and the cost of the American Red Cross Lifeguard qualification which will set me back a further £90.
If you wish, you can help me out by making a donation.