Tadashi Mori?

General discussion about Origami, Papers, Diagramming, ...

Tadashi Mori?

Postby kareshi » August 17th, 2019, 1:01 am

Origami artist, Youtuber Tadashi Mori. Has anyone heard from him lately? I can't find any online presence of his since June 2017. Is he all right?
kareshi

Re: Tadashi Mori?

Postby steingar » August 19th, 2019, 5:03 pm

I suspect he got married, maybe had one or two spawn. Life can really get in the way of these kinds of projects.
steingar

Postby kareshi » August 27th, 2019, 12:17 am

I'm married with two spawn and didn't disappear off the earth though
kareshi

Postby steingar » August 29th, 2019, 9:33 pm

kareshi wrote:I'm married with two spawn and didn't disappear off the earth though

You never had a pal drop off the face of the Earth after engaging with a new paramour? Also, it takes a crapload of time and energy to design new stuff, shoot videos, edit videos, and post videos for a hobby. Single guys have craploads of energy. Married guys less. Married guys with spawn even less.

Just a hunch. I don't know the guy and have no special insight, other than being a married guy with a house who has no time for anything.
steingar

Postby kareshi » August 31st, 2019, 2:29 pm

I'm not saying he has to work for me. It's not about me needing new content, because I totally don't. But not even a tweet or comment or reaction anywhere since 2017?
kareshi

Postby steingar » September 6th, 2019, 3:59 pm

Outa sight outa mind. I'm either on social media or off it. There is no try.
steingar

Postby bethnor » September 12th, 2019, 6:21 am

kareshi wrote:I'm not saying he has to work for me. It's not about me needing new content, because I totally don't. But not even a tweet or comment or reaction anywhere since 2017?

well, we're glad you haven't disappeared, kareshi.

in fairness, for whatever reason, western origamists don't seem all that active on social media. for instance, kade chan hasn't posted a new video in 7 months, and seth friedman has also not posted any videos for two years. a lot just flat out move on, i would wager. brian chan appears to be drawing now, and i'm pretty sure the supposed book with gallery origami house is now in the can.
bethnor
Buddha

Return to General Origami Talk