Origami SOAP Challenge 2018

Friendly design and folding competitions.

Origami SOAP Challenge 2018

Postby Andre-4 » April 25th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Hello members
The next months challenge is for participants to design or do a variation of
Maid...Housenurse or Butler.
You can do a variation also ..
It can be a square or rectangle or money.

Please try not to use more than 3 pièces if you must.
The winner and runner up will be asked to unfold to reveal crease pattern or photo tutorial To be sent in as entry to South American publication over the coming summer.
They will receive a winners pack of assorted pastel paper and a packet of ivory stationery.
Last edited by Andre-4 on May 16th, 2018, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre-4
Senior Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby NeverCeaseToCrease » April 25th, 2018, 7:36 pm

First of all, is this supposed to be one of the monthly design challenges on this forum? The April one hasn't even ended yet.
Is this a scam or can we see the "South American publication" ourselves?
Also, who will be judging the challenge on this forum, and enforcing people to reveal their design?
NeverCeaseToCrease
Senior Member
 
Posts: 399
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 4:54 am
Location: USA

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby Andre-4 » April 26th, 2018, 10:47 am

In answer to your query Neverceasetocrease
I thought about who could judge the folds too.
Im going to p.m a few individuals who are
on my friends list... communicative and active on the board.When that person confirms I'll edit posts as necesssary.

Im a member of other random groups on the internet ...i can update Thread with a little about the publications i will approach with the runner up and winners diagram..
Its pointless revealing who
the client is at this stage since they could bypass this stage and go direct to the competition..Im the middleman whos representing a chosen few
Thirdly ive posted early to usurp another forum member putting up a challenge for the next month..hence naming it Soap challenge and not May challenge..
Any other doubts or issues then leave your comments....
Andre-4
Senior Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby Tankoda » April 26th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Baltorigamist gets to pick the topic for May. He won in March.
Tankoda
Super Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: July 18th, 2016, 12:33 am

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby Baltorigamist » April 26th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Is this meant to be separate from the Monthly Design Challenge?
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Baltorigamist
Moderator
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: December 25th, 2011, 7:15 pm
Location: Inside my twisted little mind....

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby Tankoda » April 26th, 2018, 11:03 pm

Thirdly ive posted early to usurp another forum member putting up a challenge for the next month..

I don't think so...
Tankoda
Super Member
 
Posts: 230
Joined: July 18th, 2016, 12:33 am

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby NeverCeaseToCrease » April 27th, 2018, 1:54 am

Andre-4 wrote: i will approach with the runner up and winners diagram..
Its pointless revealing who
the client is at this stage since they could bypass this stage and go direct to the competition..Im the middleman whos representing a chosen few


So it sounds like he'll just steal our designs and get some sort of prize for our work.

Andre-4 wrote:Thirdly ive posted early to usurp another forum member putting up a challenge for the next month.

Yeah, the usurping part doesn't sound very good. I'm pretty sure everybody is going to go with Balto's May challenge.

Andre-4 wrote: hence naming it Soap challenge and not May challenge..


He named it May Challenge too. Also, what does soap have to do with anything here?
NeverCeaseToCrease
Senior Member
 
Posts: 399
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 4:54 am
Location: USA

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby Gerardo » April 27th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Guys: We can turn Andre-4's challenge into an opportunity instead of a problem. As I understand it:

  1. NO, this can't become the official May design challenge; there are clear rules about how the monthly design challenge works and this one doesn't comply with them.
  2. This CAN be an alternative challenge during May, with nothing to do with the monthly design challenge.
  3. Andre-4 wants to use this challenge to help friends from our continent, by fomenting the creation of diagrams and crease patterns for one of our publicactions. That isn't a bad thing.
  4. The winner will receive a cool prize: "They will receive a winners pack of assorted pastel paper and a packet of ivory stationery".
  5. That person and the runner up will have diagrams or crease pattern submitted to the publication. Those diagrams or crease pattern MUST include the name of the model, of its creator, and diagrammer.
  6. If there is some sort of compensation for the publication of the diagrams or crease pattern (e.g. a printed or digital copy of the publication), then the creators of the models MUST receive it.

If the Andre-4's challenge follows this points, then we have a great challenge on our hands.
Last edited by Gerardo on April 28th, 2018, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gerardo
Buddha
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: March 4th, 2010, 2:36 am

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby NeverCeaseToCrease » April 28th, 2018, 5:01 am

Yes that would be nice, and I would certainly enter if I knew two things for certain:
1. The winner will actually end up being mailed a package of paper and stationary
2. This South American publication actually exists and the winner will get full credit, instead of Andre being the "middleman."
Also, we don't even know when the due date is. Once all these questions are answered, then I agree that this will be a great challenge.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Senior Member
 
Posts: 399
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 4:54 am
Location: USA

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby Andre-4 » April 30th, 2018, 6:55 pm

Gerardo wrote:Guys: We can turn Andre-4's challenge into an opportunity instead of a problem. As I understand it:

  1. NO, this can't become the official May design challenge; there are clear rules about how the monthly design challenge works and this one doesn't comply with them.
  2. This CAN be an alternative challenge during May, with nothing to do with the monthly design challenge.
  3. Andre-4 wants to use this challenge to help friends from our continent, by fomenting the creation of diagrams and crease patterns for one of our publicactions. That isn't a bad thing.
  4. The winner will receive a cool prize: "They will receive a winners pack of assorted pastel paper and a packet of ivory stationery".
  5. That person and the runner up will have diagrams or crease pattern submitted to the publication. Those diagrams or crease pattern MUST include the name of the model, of its creator, and diagrammer.
  6. If there is some sort of compensation for the publication of the diagrams or crease pattern (e.g. a printed or digital copy of the publication), then the creators of the models MUST receive it.

If the Andre-4's challenge follows this points, then we have a great challenge on our hands.

Thank you Gerardo I have read and understood the terms set by the board..
The Agenda is to confirm the competition close date..
Name a judge
Get involved with spring/summer entries for publication.
Andre-4
Senior Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby Andre-4 » May 8th, 2018, 1:05 pm

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:
Andre-4 wrote: i will approach with the runner up and winners diagram..
Its pointless revealing who
the client is at this stage since they could bypass this stage and go direct to the competition..Im the middleman whos representing a chosen few


So it sounds like he'll just steal our designs and get some sort of prize for our work.

Andre-4 wrote:Thirdly ive posted early to usurp another forum member putting up a challenge for the next month.

Yeah, the usurping part doesn't sound very good. I'm pretty sure everybody is going to go with Balto's May challenge.

Andre-4 wrote: hence naming it Soap challenge and not May challenge..


He named it May Challenge too. Also, what does soap have to do with anything here?

I have here a screenshot of a call for diagrams posted by a f.b that I follow...
It closes like next week .
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v7SaYw ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by Andre-4 on May 9th, 2018, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre-4
Senior Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Re: Origami soap Challenge May 2018

Postby NeverCeaseToCrease » May 9th, 2018, 12:07 am

Well, great! Thank you for telling us about this opportunity, although I still don't see why you didn't just show us that post earlier. I do apologize for being a bit cynical, but I believe you now. :)
NeverCeaseToCrease
Senior Member
 
Posts: 399
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 4:54 am
Location: USA

Re: Origami SOAP Challenge 2018

Postby Andre-4 » June 11th, 2018, 11:03 pm

We still havent got entries for this Soap challenge.
Not even one person online who could be interested?
Andre-4
Senior Member
 
Posts: 275
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Re: Origami SOAP Challenge 2018

Postby NeverCeaseToCrease » June 11th, 2018, 11:55 pm

I thought the deadline was may 15? Hasn't it already passed?
NeverCeaseToCrease
Senior Member
 
Posts: 399
Joined: April 7th, 2017, 4:54 am
Location: USA

Re: Origami SOAP Challenge 2018

Postby Brimstone » June 12th, 2018, 2:34 am

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:I thought the deadline was may 15? Hasn't it already passed?


Something's fishy.
User avatar
Brimstone
Buddha
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: November 23rd, 2004, 3:59 am
Location: Colombia, South America

Next

Return to Origami Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests