The Spectacled Bear War

Friendly design and folding competitions.
ericmadrigal

The Spectacled Bear War

Post by ericmadrigal »

Dear Origami Creators:

As a result of the XII Convention Origami Colombia 2008 held at Cali, Colombia, we would like to invite you to participate in an International Competition named: "La Justa de los Jucumaris" or "The Spectacled Bear War". Special guest to competition: Mr. Bernie Peyton.

Please find rules and inscriptions form in the following address:

Rules: http://www.scribd.com/doc/8600483/The-S ... -Bear-War1 download the pdf file.

Forms: http://www.scribd.com/doc/8600283/Spect ... War-Forms1 download the xls file.

Competition Steps

Step1: Fill form A and send to my e-mail: eric_madrigal_cr@hotmail.com
Step 2: Ask for membresy at the flickr album: http://www.flickr.com/groups/la_justa_de_los_jucumaris
Step 3: Design your spectacled bear and take photos (you have 9 months)
Step 4: Upload photos to flickr
Step 5 : Fill form B and send to my e-mail: eric_madrigal_cr@hotmail.com

If you have any doubt please do not hesitate to contact me directly to: eric_madrigal_cr@hotmail.com

Best Regards,

Eric Madrigal
Costa Rica
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

This sounds fantastic-an origami challenge which is always good, but it is also for a good cause. I must admit that I don't know much about the spectacled bear, but what better opportunity is there to learn?
ericmadrigal

Post by ericmadrigal »

Hi Friends:

There are many news regardind this International Competition:

1. There are 2 spectacled bears already designed: one from Mr. Joseph Wu and one from Mr. Cheng Chit Leong. Both could be seen in: http://www.flickr.com/groups/la_justa_de_los_jucumaris

2. There are 42 competitors from many countries around the world: Rusia 1, Singapure 2, EUA 3, Canada 3, Colombia 11, Spain 2, Nicaragua 1, Peru 6, Mexico 3, Uruguay 1, Bolivia 2, Vietnam 3, Brasil 1, Chile 2, France 1, Ecuador 1, and still increasing.

3. The prize to the first place has been changed and it will be a oil painting from a very famous costarrican painter, Mr. José Alberto Perez. His paintings could be seen in his web page: http://www.geocities.com/cope_arte/home.html
A normal price for his paintings in some markets are close to US$ 2000, so it could be considerer the equivalent amount for the first place prize.

4. If you would like to participate, just write me an e-mail to eric_madrigal_cr@hotmail.com and I will answer you with the information and the inscription form.

5. There are some other important news that I will inform you as soon as posible.

Best Regards,

Eric Madrigal
Heraldo Jucumari
[/img][/url]
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

I only wish I had any aptitude for designing so I could enter.
Good luck to all those participating.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
ericmadrigal

The Spectacled Bear Origami Contest is going to an end

Post by ericmadrigal »

Dear member of this forum:

It its an honor to show you some pictures of the Prize for the first place winner in the contest named: The Spectacled Bear Contest. It is an acrilic painting, 80 cm x 65 cm painted by José Alberto Perez Arrieta from Costa Rica. The pictures show a 70% finished work, so still are some details to be added. You could see them at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericmadrigal Also I put a composition picture of all bear design to date. There are 40 bears and 70 competitors. The deadtime for participating is September 30 and if interested sent me an e-mail to eric_madrigal_cr AT hotmail DOT com for instrucctions.

Best Regards,

Eric Madrigal
Jucumari Herald
ericmadrigal

Post by ericmadrigal »

Dear Origami forum members:

The following is the list of the 17 judges that will work in the selection of the winner models. The steps elections will be announced by OrigamiColombia list, Pajarita forum, Origami forum and this O-list. Also, don.t miss the nice close of the inscriptions time in the flickr especial group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/la_justa_de_los_jucumaris. The end date September 30 midnight will use the zonetime hours, starting in Anadyr city in Russia and ending at Pago Pago city in American Samoa Island.

1 Bernie Peyton EUA
2 Dustin Martinez Colombia
3 Elizabeth Montoya Colombia
4 Eric Madrigal Costa Rica
5 Erica Parra Colombia
6 Felipe Moreno España
7 Javier Miranda Venezuela
8 José Tomás Buitrago Colombia
9 Juan Aguilera Colombia
10 Juan Landeta Ecuador
11 Marcio Noguchi EUA
12 Maria Acosta Colombia
13 Mauricio Flores Colombia
14 Miguel Valdivieso Colombia
15 Oscar Rojas Costa Rica
16 Sandra Martínez Colombia
17 Santiago Ponce Ecuador

Best Regards,

Eric Madrigal
Jucumari Herald.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Quote from another (now deleted) new topic:

-----------------------------
Eric Madrigal wrote:

Edit: Deleted. Find the text here: viewtopic.php?t=6006

Read below for the reasons.

@Eric: You don't need to open up a new topic every time you have to say something about this challenge.
Last edited by Daydreamer on October 2nd, 2009, 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
ericmadrigal

Post by ericmadrigal »

Dear Gerwin:

I wrote to the administrator and they allowed me to change the thread
as this is quite a different situation after a year of the contest. There is nothing atractive to read something that say: New origami contets. This is the message I received from administrators. I am not doing nothing wrong:

Hi Eric,

You're more than welcome to start a new thread. This sounds very exciting and I can't wait to see the results!

Saj

So please, turn me back to the subject under the one I have just posted.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Well, in that case it is Saj's fault for not informing his moderators about decisions he makes...

You are free to open up your topic again if you feel it is necessary.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
ericmadrigal

Post by ericmadrigal »

Thank you very much.