Page 1 of 1

Want the diagram for this unit

PostPosted: April 16th, 2006, 7:51 am
by arkan

Is the diagram available on web? Or does it appear in a certain book?


PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 4:37 pm
by Cupcake
I know I'm a bit late answering :D , but I'm pretty sure that it's a cootie ball...

Click here for the site about Cootie balls

Or maybe not, I don't really know :roll:

PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 4:53 pm
by Darksoul
It looks a lot like the unit diagramed in the book by Kunihiko Kasahara and Toshie Takahama "Origami for the connoisseur"

PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 7:52 pm
by esato
I agree with Darksoul. It looks to me like a sonobe unit.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2006, 8:06 pm
by malachi
It may be a Sonobe unit, depending on how you define the term, but it doesn't look like a normal sonobe unit to me.

The angles feel wrong. Normal Sonobe units, in a stellated configuration, have triangular faces that are 90/45/45 degree. This unit look more like 60/60/60, as though each point could actually be a regular tetrahedron.

At least that how it looks to me. There may be some way of getting that with a Sonobe, I don't know for sure.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2006, 5:38 am
by ~folder~of~paper~
I'm pretty sure I have the instructions for that in 'the origami handbook' by rick beech, if not something like that model. It can't be a cootie ball because it doesn't have the extra flappy bits, probably something else.


PostPosted: August 9th, 2006, 4:17 am
by azul1ala
This is not a sonobe or a cootie. If it is 60 60 60 degrees it's a Tomoko Fuse module made with a 1:4 paper strip. If it is not the module used in that picture you can also make it with this 1:4 module.