Crease Patterns

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
gamja.namja

Crease Patterns

Post by gamja.namja »

Hey, I'm trying to learn how to fold crease patterns and work myself up to folding Kamiya Satoshi's Ryu-Zin (probably a long shot, but hey, dream high right?)

So, does anyone know any good sites or books where I can learn crease pattern folding? Thanks

btw, does anyone know where I can buy the CP for the Ryu-Zin besides at http://www.origami.gr.jp/New/joas-e.html, preferably a site where I can use my credit card instead of going through the hastle of international money orders?

Thanks!
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

We already had the question about how to fold CPs several times. Search is your friend. Here are just two of the topics:
viewtopic.php?t=162
viewtopic.php?t=667

About the Ryu-Zin CP, I think that Origami Tanteidan is the only place to get it.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
Brimstone
Buddha

Re: Crease Patterns

Post by Brimstone »

gamja.namja wrote:Hey, I'm trying to learn how to fold crease patterns and work myself up to folding Kamiya Satoshi's Ryu-Zin (probably a long shot, but hey, dream high right?)
When you started doing origami from diagrams you did not start with one of Kamiya's 100 + step models, did you? It is the same for the CP's. You have to start from the basic ones, get a hold of the basic ideas and work your way up.

Start by doing the Cp's of the models that look easy at this page http://isuzuginnosuke.hp.infoseek.co.jp ... ri-top.htm
gamja.namja

Post by gamja.namja »

Ah, sorry about that DayDreamer. Using the search function now I see that there's a wealth of knowledge about this subject.

Brimstone - Heh, I wasn't going to START with the Ryu-zin, just work myself up to it, even if it takes a long time. Thanks for the models though.