hi there

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
blindfolded

hi there

Post by blindfolded »

Hello there
I'm new here and wanted to proper introduce my self. My name is jay and I have been folding for just a few weeks, maybe 6 months in total. There's a long long story why, but in a nutshell, I went blind last year and being an artist all my life i needed something to let my creativity out which I could do while feeling. I turned to origami and found real fast that it is hard to get diagrams in braill, so I tend to use You-Tube with special programs that help me figure it out, the wife helps me to lol. Hope to learn more here.
Ragnorax

Post by Ragnorax »

Wow thats pretty inspiring :D welcome to the forum.

i have many questions, but i think that's really cool that you are still able to express your art and creativity through origami. :P
blindfolded

Post by blindfolded »

hi Nate,
thanks for the welcome :D
Feel free to ask all you want lol
InsomniacFolder

Post by InsomniacFolder »

Welcome.

Origami is quite popular amongst the blind & partially sighted, as it's tactile. I have folded with several blind, and very dextrous, folders.

Also, I remember the inspirational Japanese Master, Saburo Kase. (http://www.mastersoforigami.com/index.p ... =1&type=12)

The accessibility programs for youtube sound intriguing.
"Had we but world enough and time..."
blindfolded

Post by blindfolded »

thanks InsomniacFolder I wondered about origami and the blind, for me it worked great. :P