Yet another new person

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
alt0181

Yet another new person

Post by alt0181 »

Hello, everyone!

I'm 27, female and Swedish.
I first got interested in origami when I was 11 years old, but as I was living in a small village, the local library only had one very basic book. I folded through that and had no means to get any further.

It is now about 16 years later, and Christmas 09 I happened to get a book with some paper included. That book became very handy when my computer broke down in February :wink: , and off I was deep-diving into one more geekdom.
Now, a couple of months later, I consider myself an intermediate folder. Some of the more complex models I've done is Pegasus by J. Anibal Voyer and Dragon in Flight by Charles Esseltine.
I have been lurking around the forums for some time before this post, and will probably not say much in the future. :oops:
Growlanator

Post by Growlanator »

Welcome to the forum :D

Don't be shy ;) Problem shared is a problem halved, also nice to see new posts alot to keep stuff interesting :) especially pictures of models people have folded
http://www.flickr.com/photos/growlanator/
http://www.rizon.net/ channel origami found it very useful, chatty ppl, tips advice etc in real time :D
e-mo

Post by e-mo »

hm....female...27 and swedish....you must be blond then :P
if you have a great collection of your foldings you might want to consider to share them. So far, I did not manage much since I was too focused folding a rose. but for the near future, I am targeting several nice origami models...one of them is the King Cobra by Ronald Koh and the Eagle by Hung Cuong.

cheers...and good luck for sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010

e-mo
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

welcome!
I can fold the more complex models of cours, but I prefer designong my Own Models and have no "target model" to fold.My main ambition in the ori-sphere is to become and accomplished bugmaker.
FlowerGami

Post by FlowerGami »

Hi, I new here too, and conceder my self to be somewhat intermediate as well, Sometimes I look at some of those advanced folders with amazment, I think I'll be at intermediate forever, but that's OK cause I love making origami too.