Hello from Scotland

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Akairyuu

Hello from Scotland

Post by Akairyuu »

Hello, fellow Origamika :D! I'm Akairyuu, a twenty year old female, university student and archer at Heriot Watt and I just decide to join this site, being well into my recently found hobby.

I've only been doing origami for a short while, having started a couple of months back after I bought a miniture origami set out of Hawkin's Bazaar back in November. At first, I just did the beginner models like the crane, flapping bird, water cup but after a couple of days I started to move onto flowers by looking up the diagrams on the internet. I could only do the lotus flower and the lily flowers at first but I gradually picked up on how to read the diagrams and learned different type of folds like the moutain, valley, reverse and rabbit-ear folds along the way. Since then I've been doing tonnes of models (mostly from the origami resource center website), which include some of the tato envelopes, boxes/vases/bowls (There's wee paper vases everywhere at the moment lol), omega star and flower such as the "blossoming Flower" and the Kawasaki Rose that I learned from Bloom4ever (I only just got how to do it after two months of many tries and fails lol)

Anyway, I will put up an origami thread in the gallery section shortly where I'll show case some of my newbie models that I have made since christmas. I also might ask for help on one or two diagrams that I'm trying to build from too that aren't very clear to me personally.
Last edited by Akairyuu on January 8th, 2011, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flowing from my soul.
To every fold and crease.
Creativity.

An Origami Haiku by me
oz

Post by oz »

Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm happy to see another person who's capable of teaching themselves! To start from scratch, folding Kawasaki's Rose just two months later is extremely impressive! Keep folding all the little "newbie models" you can, practice is what everybody needs, no matter the skill level!

Please, by all means, ask for help on some diagrams. That's one of the main reasons this forum exists, to spread knowledge and help other people out. Have fun, and enjoy being a part of the best origami community on the web!