It's made from a material called "papel telañara" or "papel regalo fibra" in Colombia. A rough translation would be "web paper" or "spider web paper" and "fiber wrapping paper" respectively. Here's a picture of the material exactly how it comes when you buy it. Although its sold as paper, it really is more like a type of thin fabric.
Do you know how it's called in English? Please let me know! If I find out the name by my own, I'll let you know.
In order to customize the sheet...
- I joined "papel telaraña" + tissue paper + "papel telaraña".
- I painted one side red with an acrylic paint that's specific for fabrics and the other side black with vinyl paint.
- I also added a coat of PVA sealant in each side. The paint and sealant was all I needed in order to glue the layers together.
- I sanded a bit the black vinyl paint coat to give it a worn out look.
- Finally, I cut the sheet to the correct size.
The final sheet is a bit rebellious for folding, but you can still fold diferent models with it. It has a glossy finish. The black vinyl coat started to peal over the edges of the folds, which increased the worn out look of the whole model. It made the final model look WAY cool!
I can't show you guys the folded model but I can show you this close up of a step .
Please let me know what you think about the sheet and if you did find this post helpful or not, OK?