Sunburst

A forum to exhibit your Origami work.
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Re: Sunburst

Post by joshuaorigami »

hahaha! That's awesome! Can you make a cp please?
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

brilliant you really should make a book
leung_wwy

Post by leung_wwy »

I love those games - and I love your designs especially how you've captured the cheerful faces!!
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

those are awesome! can you make cps? btw i folded the heartless shadow but the paper was too small so it didn't look that good. but my friends who play that game still recognized it! :D
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
Washi

Post by Washi »

Sunburst... your models are too awesome. :I

How long did it take you to teach yourself this much? :?
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks a lot people!

@orislater: then do it with a bigger paper.
@washi: I guess...2-3 years? But that does not count all the exp. from folding before that period.

I've been very occupied lately by the origami olympiad, but here is something I did before that:

Goblin
44x44 boxpleat. I had found a nice head for a goblin and this one came out. His head is pretty detailed for one of my models. The body is inspired by my zombie's.

redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Awesome humanoids as always!
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks!

Woodstock
13x20 boxpleat. Snoopy's companion from Peanut comic book. Made for a «duel des peupliers» for the french forum.

For those interested, I updated my flickr galleries with my origami olympiad 2011 contest models.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Superman
52x52 boxpleating. For the monthly challenge of the origami forum (flying). I wanted to make Superman ever since making my other superhero model, which gave the base for this one. I honestly don't think the pose could've been any better.

Alien in UFO
32x64 boxpleating. For the monthly challenge of the origami forum (flying). I wanted to combine my two specialties : my cylinder technique and boxpleated characters. Here's the result. The flying saucer is perfectly round. A small modification to it and the alien could come out of a crater.

polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

that superman is amazing!!!!!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks, polistes!

I didn't create much this summer, so I decided to try and design one model per week for august. So far so good!

Cupid
32x32 boxpleat.For the monthly challenge on the english forum (angels). A more character to what I usually make. The many details were harder to capture in a picture.

Behind bars
32x48 boxpleat. For a duel on the french forum (inside...). A model giving the impression of depth, almost like a scene by itself. I couldn't make more than 2 bars due to their large paper consumption.

CP available on my first galery

Native American Chief
52x52 boxpleat. A model thought of about a year ago, but never completed till now. He's not based on a particular tribe, but has a more general native American aspect. I don't like how arms on my models always look shorter when bent on the elbows.

Last edited by Sunburst on August 27th, 2011, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JeossMayhem
Forum Sensei

Post by JeossMayhem »

Whoa, that chief is pretty badass, man. Excellent job!
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

WOOOOOOW! They're amazing! Especially the 'Behind Bars' one. Wow...
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Thanks!

New stuff:

Katamari Prince
Body: 16x32 boxpleat; face: 8x10 boxpleat. For the challenge on the english forum. He's the controllable character from the weird Katamari Damacy video game where the goal is to roll up stuff in a ball (a katamari). The prince is made from two rectangles, one for the body and one for the face. The «katamari» is a simple modular from 30 sonobes.

Gargoyle
48x60 boxpleat. For the Gargoyle challenge. I tried to fold a more classic gargoyle, used as gutter for medieval constructions. The grid used is huge because of the long limbs, but at least you can modify the pose. The head and torso are a bit problematic because of their thickness. The model is also not very photogenic. He looks much better in person.

Jakeplusplus

Post by Jakeplusplus »

This is the first time I've stumbled upon your work. I must say that I love the video game inspired models. I was just wondering how you started getting into human box-pleated figures because I've done animal models quite well with box pleating, but the human form escapes me. Any hints? (Others CPs or something?)

Anyway the heartless is awesome, I'm a big fan of Square-Enix's games, too. A Sora would be awesome to go along with the heartless. Maybe if I can figure out human figures I'll make a Sora.
May a thousand cranes issue forth from thy hands!
My Flickr